Tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still have the stock tires on my Ram, and looking to upgrade. Now i'm really not sure what to get... Right now i'm looking at the BFG K02 and the Toyo OP AT2.

I do about 90% highway, so looking for a tire that is good on highway but can manage some offroad. I do not do mudding, just trails in the wood to get to my camp, hauling an ATV in a trailer. Had one flat tire with the crappy stock tire....

Do you guys have other suggestion?

scottie d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still have the stock tires on my Ram, and looking to upgrade. Now i'm really not sure what to get... Right now i'm looking at the BFG K02 and the Toyo OP AT2.

I do about 90% highway, so looking for a tire that is good on highway but can manage some offroad. I do not do mudding, just trails in the wood to get to my camp, hauling an ATV in a trailer. Had one flat tire with the crappy stock tire....

Do you guys have other suggestion?

I am in the same boat as you with what I want and use my truck for. I just changed out my stock tires for Cooper Discoverer ATP. Went with a 275/65/20. I like the way they look and ride. Ive had them for about 2.5 wks. No complaints so far.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Toyo Open Country A/T II's

Had them on my Dakota and loved them. Plan to put a set in my Ram soon.

Good tire overall. Decent traction in all conditions.
Relatively quiet on the highway for an all terrain, and still capable offroad.

All with an 80,000km (50,000 mile) warranty.
Tough to beat for an LT tire.

With all that said, my Ram came with the LT tire option, and they've performed fairly well. Wet traction could be better.
Got about 65,000kms in them now, and they still have decent tread left.
I figure they'll last me all summer at the least.

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
you'll probably go thru at least 4 sets of tires,not counting the oem's,over the life of the truck.pick a set of a/t 's,wear them out and you'll know what to look for the next time around. me,personally,i've never bought the same tire twice,as my needs keep changing.i have found that other than by changing the load rating,you won't notice much of a ride difference and the wear is not that different between all terrain tires,regardless of the maker.some are a softer compound,and handle better,but wear faster.so many people overthink it.what i do know from my experience is,toyo and nitto both have outstanding puncture resistance,bfg's are way too stiff for an a/t tire and are terrible in mud,hankooks are the most comfortable,but tend to chunk more easily,goodyears just all around suck,falkens take forever to wear out and toyo m55's are the most bulletproof tire ever made,but are kind of noisy on the highway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963