Tire Pressure Monitoring Query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PakenRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does the tire pressure monitoring system behave when wheels without monitors are installed? I picked up some winter tires on steel rims. Does all go back to normal by itself when the stock wheels are re-installed?

mike

mikelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The light will come on and if you have the information display it will come up with "service tire pressure monitor system" every time you start the truck.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
My tuner disables the TPMS :birgits_tiredcoffee

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
what they said, and yes when you put the wheels with the sensors back on a few miles after driving it will recognize them(its not instant)

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is it possible to have the dealer disable it mines been on for a while and now im tired of looking at the evic message and light lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Is it possible to have the dealer disable it mines been on for a while and now im tired of looking at the evic message and light lol

my guess is no....i think it would be illegal for them to disable it. I think in 2007 it was mandated to be on all new vehicles

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well that sucks all because people could check there tire pressure oh well looks like its time to get new sensors

OP
OP
P

PakenRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies. Good to know what to expect.

mikr

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If anyone cares to know i went to dosge to see if they can disable it they said no on the 4th gens it is mot possible at all he tries and wasnt even an option like on the 3rd gens boooo lol just to let yall know if you get new wheels and rims make sure u keep your tpms sensors

Oh and its against federal law to disable it