Tire/Wheel Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR Driver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sort of new to Truck Modifications. Always had stock trucks before but now have some money to step it up and I am really confused. I have a 13 Ram Outdoorsman Crew Cab. Looking to go bigger on the tires and get new wheels. Everything I am seeing says get a leveling kit the guy at the garage says the cheaper ones ruin the ball joints. So I looked at Bilstein 5100s and they seem to meet the need
Then I look at the truck and it doesn't appear to need it. How can I tell? It certainly doesn't have that front end plow I have seen on other trucks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm in the same boat bud. I have a 2016 OutDoorsman and my front end sits higher then all the other Rams I have seen stock. My plan is to run 5100 Bilsteins all the way around. Setting the front to 2.8 and adding a 1" spacer to the rear. I hope this will give me the lift and level I want to run 35's with a -12 or -24 offset wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DR Driver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to run 34x10.5x17 I have heard some say it will fit others say it will rub

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The outsoorsman model sits about an inch higher on the front than the other models. Don't kmow if its a pre loaded spacer or what the difference is exactly. But, you can swap them out for the bils, and gain a little more clearance for bigger tires/wheels. Would avoid leveling kit spacers, as the 13+ models have ball joint issues with that set up. Lots of guys will upgrade the UCA's on the 13+ for added insurance. Hope that helps

OP
OP
D

DR Driver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Solid State, with that being said do you think I am safe with 34x 10.5?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measure the center of the front tire to the fender and center of the rear tire to fender. What is your factory tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the new tires are a little taller, and narrower thanYour factory tires (32x11.5x17). Might be some rubbing as is, but bils would solve that issue.