Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atrimpe1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 5.7
Alright I got new tires and rims on my truck. I was wondering I saw something before about having to get my computer reset for the new tire size. Is that true or a not?? I only went up a size. any help please??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Your MPGs and speedometer will be off if you don't get the computer calibrated for the larger size. If they are taller, you will end up traveling a further distance on one revolution than the stock height tire, so your MPGs will be lower than actual and I think your speedometer will say you are traveling slower that you actually are? Might have the second part backwards.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
0ne size? don't bother. i went from stock up to 35's and my speedo is out by maybe 6 mph and the mileage? who cares,it's a truck.i was looking around the net for tire size charts and ran across a chart for wheel/tire sizes and the speedo differences but i can't remember what chart i saw it on.

Last edited:

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The truck will show lower mileage when you trade or sell it, leave it and reap the benefits later.

OP
OP
A

atrimpe1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 5.7
I just didn't know bc it seemed like the eco system never turned on and seemed to run higher rpm going down the interstate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk