Tow hookd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skateusa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 express 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2016 ram 1500 express with the plastic bumper. I wanted to have tow hooks install on the front. But the dealer said it can not be done because of the plastic bumper. Has anyone else been told this?

Can any tell if i can do this my self.

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You'd have to remove and modify the black plastic piece between the fog lights. That should be all that's needed other than the tow hooks and eight bolts.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Because of the hardware that ken226 made/sold --installing the tow hooks in the SPORT plastic bumper is "DUCK SOUP"=(brackets ONLY)--you'll need the bolts/nuts and the towhook rear frame bolt-Heh Heh and the towhooks !

IMG_3489_zpsvjqbnzrw.jpg
IMG_3488_zpsf8yic4xr.jpg

IMG_3490_zps0r6sh5vh.jpg

IMG_3492_zps8eqh1ms2.jpg

You could PM Ken226/w my recommendation and ask him what the situation is NOW, with his personal bracket production--

He may not produce them anymore, but you could checkitout --read the threads in the 4th gen DIY section of the forum

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

Last edited:

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'd have to remove and modify the black plastic piece between the fog lights. That should be all that's needed other than the tow hooks and eight bolts.

I did this with my 2012 sport.. just carved out the pieces of the black plastic piece between the fogs and put them in. They are about 130 and change off amazon..

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have 2016 ram 1500 express with the plastic bumper. I wanted to have tow hooks install on the front. But the dealer said it can not be done because of the plastic bumper. Has anyone else been told this?

Can any tell if i can do this my self.

I would look for a new dealer or atleast question there knowledge.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nothing the dealer said was completely wrong. The hooks werent intended to be used in this application, and without the one-off offset bracket (the one i got from Ken made the job a piece of cake) the hooks just don't sit right with the sport bumpers. It can be done, though. Even if Ken isn't making the brackets anymore, he shared the specs. You can either make them yourself or have a metal shop do it for you.

Last edited: