Tow hooks on an Express painted bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I got some Oem tow hooks in today (thanks Ram_Fish1), and I have looked at all of the threads on installing them on painted bumpers and now I have a question.
Would it be possible to break them down and put a steel offset bracket between the main mount and the actual hook? This would move the actual hook over and get it in a better location to cut out the Oem bumper insert and remove interference. I would fab it up and have the adjustment plate powder coated at the same time as the hooks.
The plan would require some more hardware (was going to replace the rusted parts anyway). I think it is doable, just looking to see if there is a good reason why not to do it. The plate will have 3 holes. One bolt will go through the mounting bracket and use one of the stock hook holes. Was thinking 1/4" plate steel.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure if trolling....

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Trolling??? I am looking for opinions and if anyone has tried this before.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now I see why he thought I was trolling. I hadn't seen that post yet. Very similar idea.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No opinion, but would enjoy pics of the process.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now I see why he thought I was trolling. I hadn't seen that post yet. Very similar idea.

Yeah, sorry. Your timing was so perfect I thought you were screwing with us!