Tow Mirror Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2010 1500 TRX4 and the heat went out on one of my mirrors. Yes, I have checked the connector in the door, that's not the issue. So I'm planning on getting a new set of mirrors and want to upgrade to the tow mirrors. I have power/heated mirrors. I just want some confirmation that any 2009+ set of power/heated tow mirrors will work. Also, is it possible to upgrade to the turn signal/puddle light mirrors without a reflash?b7d92b6a182eebf17385940703211f86.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will have to add sales codes for the lights to work

911ems

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct. My oe mirrors were heated, but no puddle or signals. My tow mirrors heat work but I haven’t flashed for the signals or puddle lights to work. Also the direction of the mirror adjustments are off when they’re flipped up. Doesn’t bother me. They’re great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you check to see if just the mirror glass (alone) is available just for the sake of cost comparison? A lot of parts guys quote the whole mirror assembly not the glass. Sometimes it's hard to find the glass in the parts, I was told. I don't know on the Ram, but on the Jeeps, it's a 5 min replacement process (with heated).

As I recall on mine, what happened is traces corrode due to the elements (salt!).

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check to see if just the mirror glass (alone) is available just for the sake of cost comparison? A lot of parts guys quote the whole mirror assembly not the glass. Sometimes it's hard to find the glass in the parts, I was told. I don't know on the Ram, but on the Jeeps, it's a 5 min replacement process (with heated).

As I recall on mine, what happened is traces corrode due to the elements (salt!).
Looks like there's a $25 glass on Amazon that could work. I'll have to check to see if I can get my glass off. Maybe the connections just a bit corroded like yours. Being in Michigan I know all too well about the salt plus this truck came out of Quebec. [emoji23]

Probably still end up getting tow mirrors in a few months but this may be a cheaper solution for now.

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I finally got a replacement glass for the mirror. Pulled the old one apart and here's what I found.

aac8374cccd64d015b1250a2479f0599.jpg286f2a13c2ef8ad359fa2e452997989b.jpg45ec743063bcd0fe838134aa36473d0a.jpg

Chris Olsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
can you supply the correct oem part number you are using? thanks

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can you supply the correct oem part number you are using? thanks
I wish I could provide a good answer but I honestly don't know what the OEM parts number is. I just searched on Amazon for mirror glass for my 2010 Ram and picked the one that said it fit and was on available to ship immediately.

Here's a link to the one I got but it looks like they're backordered a bit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EC0YNLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NySrAb79JNTH2