Tow mirrors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need some help getting the correct tow mirrors for my 1500 sport. Not sure if they are all the same or different so, I have puddle lights, marker heated and they fold in. I don’t know if this is standard I do know this is how they are on my rig. So what model number would be correct for the application I desire. I have a travel trailer that’s a ***** to see around w the stock shorties on it. The clip on ones are not an option as they are ugly as sin to me!

Please and thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would call 1A Auto, sure they can hook you up.

Agreed. I bought mine off of 1A Auto and they were very helpful. You can probably get the heated/puddle light/turn signal set up since that is what you already have and they should be plug and play. But, 1A Auto will definitely take care of ya!

Adam

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i dont tow much, but im thinking of getting some.. i like the asthetics, but more importantly I want a set to **** off other truck owners by having them out all the time.. LMAO

I don't pull a trailer and mine are always up. I can see better with them up. :) And personally, I don't care what anyone else thinks. LOL!

Adam

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I don't pull a trailer and mine are always up. I can see better with them up. :) And personally, I don't care what anyone else thinks. LOL!

Adam

same here bud.. i could care less what anyone thinks.. but the joy knowing i am ******* them off would bring m great pleasure

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
contacted a1 auto via live chat and i asked about tow mirrors for my 17

i was told " we have nothing for the 17 "

i tell them, yea same as 16.. i just need you to point me to the one that is just power/heat.. everything i see is puddle and signal light.. which i do not have

they responded with " we cannot recommend anything for your 17 "

im not asking for a recommendation.. just point me to a 16 mirror with heat/power

they respond with " we cannot, have a good day " then close the chat

well ya lost a potential customer.. terrible customer service

OP
OP
M

Mike2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

i tell them, yea same as 16.. i just need you to point me to the one that is just power/heat.. everything i see is puddle and signal light.. which i do not have

im not asking for a recommendation.. just point me to a 16 mirror with heat/power

That’s kinda scary! Especially if you’re telling them to direct you to the ‘16 model ones!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn thats really ******, they know everything fits from 09-now but I think its because they might not have the 17 in the system yet and they dont want to say "yeah this 2016 set will fit even though we didn't list it" maybe trying to prevent possible lawsuits, you know how America is we are a sue happy nation and companies are just trying to cover their asses.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Lol damn just like that
take your money somewhere else.
I'm sure someone here will chime in and tell you which would work

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
the individual was just a person who did not want to take the time to point me to the 16 model... i clearly was aware i was asking for the 16 and aware that they are the same..

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I run with mine flipped up all the time. Didn't know it pissed off other truck owners, I just like having the spot mirror at the bottom because it gives me better line of sight......

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I run with mine flipped up all the time. Didn't know it pissed off other truck owners, I just like having the spot mirror at the bottom because it gives me better line of sight......

Not all. But there are some sensitive folk out there that are easily offended. Lol. Or just simply Trolls. I see it all the time in ram fb groups I'm in. Complete with memes

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
More than likely, 1A Auto didn't want to give you '16's for your '17 and they didn't want to be liable if they for some reason would not work. If you go on their site, you can look them up by your year/make/model but just put in a '16 instead. Honestly, that person on the other end was probably just following protocol. 1A Auto is really good, I promise. Sorry your experience with that rep was bad.

Adam

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So how does one swap their mirrors? What is the process to swap? I too wish to join the antler club and would love to make others upset with my towife mirrors being constantly flipped up. Plus I love the wide look