Toyo Open Country R/T....Experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kal5923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All,

Thanks for reading this. I am trying to make an educated tire decision because its definitely time to get new ones. I received a recommendation to take a look at the Toyo Open Country RT

They are in between the AT2 and the MT. I love the look compared to the AT2 and since my truck is a daily driver, I don't want something as loud at the MT. So they seemed like a really nice fit.

Does anyone have any experience with the TOYO RT's? Feedback or recommendations?

Sorry if this thread is redundant but I have been searching and have not found much/any posts about the RT's

Thanks in Advance!

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same questions here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tire dealer likes them and it seems they are his go to tire when someone is looking for something a bit more aggressive than an AT but not a full out MT. I didn't go with them just because of weight and they are a little more expensive than comparable hybrid tires.

OP
OP
K

kal5923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but I think its worth it because the look of them is AWESOME! IMO

How much heavier are they than the stock tires? I am looking at the 275/65/20.

I thought they were only like 3lbs more per tire?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys. I just put a set of these on with my lift. I've got the Toyo R/T 37x13.50x20's on and incoherent be happier with them! So far, I've only got around 300 miles on them. My experience: fantastic!!

Road noise:Little to no difference in road noise from the stock Goodyear's that came on the truck when I bought it.
Rain: no problem at all. No slipping or anything like that
Snow: Havent experienced it yet

Now, I know another member on here (Rzrman) had a horrible experience with his front tires and a lot of us on this forum determined it was a bad alignment. Me personally, I had mine up to Sears twice for alignment. The first time was off just a bit and I was taking no chances. So far, nice even wear. I can still see the knobs from the little rubber spikes on the tire surface on all 4 tires after 300 miles. I will be rotating them every 1,000 miles.

Hope this helps you guys! In short; great aggressive looking tire without paying for M/T's.

Adam

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but I think its worth it because the look of them is AWESOME! IMO

How much heavier are they than the stock tires? I am looking at the 275/65/20.

I thought they were only like 3lbs more per tire?

I believe the stock stock good years are only 40-45 ish. The 275/65r20 toyo RT are 60lbs. In comparison the bfg ko2 in 275/65r20 are 57lbs.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also been looking a lot at getting 35" R/T's but took a step back when I read another member's experience with them as mentioned earlier. For those who know, are there any other tires than the R/T's that have more reviews but look and perform the same? For the price they come at, they should be flawless! Thanks peeps.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 2009 gmc hd that i put hummer h2 wheels on with the toyo open country at tires. I absolutely loved them. They were over sized due to the wide rims, and they were totally quiet....surprised me.
They wore very well and a 58,000 i traded the truck and they were still ok. We has a couple of hard winters here in Illinois, and i never had an issue.....my truck was 2 wheel drive and it plowed through everything.

Im just waiting for the crummy goodyear wranglers to wear down so i can put on another set of toyos...

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also been looking a lot at getting 35" R/T's but took a step back when I read another member's experience with them as mentioned earlier. For those who know, are there any other tires than the R/T's that have more reviews but look and perform the same? For the price they come at, they should be flawless! Thanks peeps.

Like I mentioned, I really believe the review on the R/T's was due to bad alignment. Can't beat the 45k mile warranty that comes with them, either.

Adam

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My review was aimed at such the low mileage that they wore so quickly that was due to allignment issues.

With that being said....if you ensure you have the best allignment possible, correct tire pressure, staying on top of rotations,etc....the R/T's are great.

I will definetley consider purchasing them again once I wear the **** out of my 2 good tires :naughty: They are a great looking tire. Noise is super low.

No one should have any reservation when considering purchasing the R/T.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Like I said..awesome looking tires....

I was hoping you would chime in on this one. :D. And I have to agree!

picture.php

Adam

OP
OP
K

kal5923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. These tires look great. I think Ive made up my mind and I'm getting the RT's! One more question. I am thinking of running theses on the stock rims.

And it seems that these tires in 18's are significantly less expensive than the 20's. Should I consider changing to 18?

Any benefits to an 18's except for a cheaper tire price?

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the RTs on my stock 20s. Have a 275/65/20. There is a little more road noise than the stock GYs, but nothing adjusting the radio up a little can't fix. I honestly think the 20" wheels with the tire looks perfect. I say just stick with the 20s and get the tires.

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm running the RTs on my stock 20s. Have a 275/65/20. There is a little more road noise than the stock GYs, but nothing adjusting the radio up a little can't fix. I honestly think the 20" wheels with the tire looks perfect. I say just stick with the 20s and get the tires.

Do you have any pics of your setup?

OP
OP
K

kal5923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes would love to see a few pics of you have them!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those are really nice. I'll have to upload some pictures when I've gotten my girl some new shoes!! Thanks for the help

They really are a great tire. I bought them for a few reasons. They have a 45,000 mile warranty and are made by a great company.. Toyo. I didn't want an M/T tire but still wanted some more aggressive then an A/T tire.... The R/T's were a perfect solution for me. They look and great.

Adam

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Check out the Toyo A/T Extreme before you plop down the extra cash on the R/T. Might be enough aggressiveness for you.