TPMS valve stem replaceable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So the valve stem covers I have fused together so the valve stem has to be cut to be removed. Question is, is the valve stem a screw in or will the whole sensor have to be replaced? If the whole sensor has to be replaced, will any set work or do they have to come from the dealer/Dodge?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this happen to me and ended up having to replace 3 out of the 4 sensors cuz they got ruined. Don’t use aftermarket sensors, buy the oem ones if you have to replace them.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had this happen to me and ended up having to replace 3 out of the 4 sensors cuz they got ruined. Don’t use aftermarket sensors, buy the oem ones if you have to replace them.

I'm guessing you're saying then that the valve stem can't be unscrewed from the sensor itself and replaced? Why do you recommend the OEM vice aftermarket?

Thanks

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does unscrew but the problem is trying to get the tire broke down since you can’t pull the schrader valve out.... you may get luckier then i did. Aftermarket ones i had kept reading “- -“ any time i drove the truck for longer then say a half hour. Short trips were ok but longer trips always caused errors with them. I replaced the aftermarket ones with oem ones and haven't had a problem since.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It does unscrew but the problem is trying to get the tire broke down since you can’t pull the schrader valve out.... you may get luckier then i did. Aftermarket ones i had kept reading “- -“ any time i drove the truck for longer then say a half hour. Short trips were ok but longer trips always caused errors with them. I replaced the aftermarket ones with oem ones and haven't had a problem since.

I took it to my local Napa and they are going to do them on Monday. I see rebuild kits online so I know it can be done for much cheaper than a whole new setup, which is encouraging.

Thanks for your input.