Tree Sap removal help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have all these damn speckles on my passenger side window, side mirror and part of my Windshield. It looks like tree sap and I have used multiple times today some isopropyl alcohol to try and remove it. It has worked in the past, but not today. After cleaning my passenger window 4x, all I have managed to do was slightly smear all this sap and now it's just leaving a nasty film on the window. I have never had an issue like this before. Can someone enlighten me on what product to try to use and remove these "speckles"?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have a few suggestions none of witch I can say for sure will remove your specks but here goes nothing. You can try bug and tar remover, viniger, you could try alcohol on a rag and let it sit there to see if it loosens it up, carefully try a scraper, and a more expensive try would be a clay bar. Once I get my Windows clean I try to keep a good layer of rain-x on all exterior glass including the side mirrors to help cut down cleaning time in the future.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
You can try Go Gone, it gets the glue from the emblems off the paint easily. And last resort, there is always trusty old gasoline. It will work.

Good one I was going to say goo gone but it slipped my mind when I was typeing my list.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use either a clay bar or a Nano towel.
Jay

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good suggestions. Thank you

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
odorless paint thinner for paint
50/50 denatured alcohol and water for windows

an other product is found at bicycle shops and REI called White lightning Clean Streak it is a metal prep but safe for plastics, resins and paint

skidozer67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I second the GOO GONE or WD-40 then you will need window cleaner to remove the oily residue. It worked for me before with the pine tree gunk.

eggwhtye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.o Eco Diesel
The best thing I've found to remove sap is actually NuFinish car wax. Apply it relatively thick on the sap spots, let it sit for a minute and rub it off.

My first post and trying help out…ordered a 2016 1500 Longhorn last night!

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks and welcome to the forum!

shawnzombi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
tree sap removal

I detailed for 9 years,
if the tree sap is on your windows just scrape it with a razor. if it is on your paint and it is still soft use HOT water ( as hot as you can stand it) and dish detergent and it will loosen up and wash off, if it is dry you will have to scrape it with a plastic razor blade and use some sort of tree sap remover or bug and tar remover and if it is hardened it probably stained the paint and lifted the clear coat and can be slightly wet sanded to level it out but may have discolored paint already.