Tri Fold soft tonneau owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I see a bunch of budget tri fold tonneaus that the back corners are raising and they look like crap (vinyl starts rising up the corner). I have been paying attention in parking lots and such and rugged liner seems to be the worse.
I had my eyes on the Trifecta 2.0 bc it claims to fix that. I did see an original Trifecta yesterday and it had the crappy back corners also.
Anyone want to chime in on this issue and does your tonneau have that issue?
Thanks!

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had mine for 2 years and haven't had an issue

tuned by Jay Greene

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Lund Black Pearl tri fold from Rockauto. The material is like a convertible top material. Really nice, and stays nice. I've had a tonneau with this material before. Love it. I don't care for the vinyl tonneaus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been running an extang revolution. I have had the current one on my truck since January this year. So far it's held up. I also had one on my gm for about a year and a half with no issue

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a mopar one that came with the truck and was nice... until i put a hole in it by accident. Had it for about 2 years with no issues.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I had a tonnopro for about 6 months and no issues. I see the truck around town and still has it on there and appears to be I. Good shape. That makes its around year and half old right now.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a tonnopro almost three years old.

The rubber seal on the tailgate has come un-glued by that's srota my fault from trying to yank a box out of the bed. lol

The stitching is also starting to fray, but for $200 I can't complain.
Will probably get another in a few years. It still keeps my stuff dry.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a tonopro for 4 years not a single issue

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I bought a Lund Black Pearl tri fold from Rockauto. The material is like a convertible top material. Really nice, and stays nice. I've had a tonneau with this material before. Love it. I don't care for the vinyl tonneaus.

I can almost put myself in another Solid Fold 2.0 for that price. What did you pay and where? it does look nicer than vinyl

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can almost put myself in another Solid Fold 2.0 for that price. What did you pay and where? it does look nicer than vinyl

rockauto.com find your truck. It's under accessories

$235

TDevil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Had an Extang Trifecta Signature (canvas top) on my Ranger for 10+ years without issue. (Well, one issue, one of the plastic clips that keeps the cover closed when collapsed broke after 6 years, but I called and they sent me 2 new ones for free)
I would buy another one for this truck when I get the funds. I loved the quick release clamps on the tailgate end (spring loaded, no cranking = no damage to the bed, easy to pop off & never needs adjusting)

DravenGSX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a tonnopro and it looks like crap. It's been on the truck for a little under a year, stitching is coming out. It never fit right in the first place. Would not recommend it. Should've spent the money in the first place instead of wasting $200.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see a bunch of budget tri fold tonneaus that the back corners are raising and they look like crap (vinyl starts rising up the corner). I have been paying attention in parking lots and such and rugged liner seems to be the worse.
I had my eyes on the Trifecta 2.0 bc it claims to fix that. I did see an original Trifecta yesterday and it had the crappy back corners also.
Anyone want to chime in on this issue and does your tonneau have that issue?
Thanks!

The issue with some of the more budget friendly trifold tonneau covers is the number of clamps they use and their placement. Most are placed directly under one of the bows and provide plenty of clamping at those points however, the bows are placed with the looks of the tonneau in mind as well as the ease of removing and reinstalling. Additionally, most people including me, tighten them too much in an effort to draw the corners down which doesn't really work and will make it difficult to open/close the tailgate.

I have a Tonnopro and I added two small C-Clamps to the front corners. I also added four spring clamps between the bows at the fold and towards the tailgate. I had to space the rear most clamp a few inches away/fwd of the tailgate so it didn't make it hard to use the tailgate. A little experimentation and I got it just right, I think? Mine does now sit level and flat all the way around.

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an American Tonneau tri-fold and I really like.. no issue and they gave me a reach stick...

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I have a tonneaupro with no corners coming up. Some of the weather strip came undone. Currently taking up space in the garage if anyone is interested.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what are the brands that people do like and aren't "budget", but won't break the bank?