Truck back together after deer, White Sport with Chrome Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got a deer with my new truck (2K miles) Thankgiving, small spike at 55 did some damage! I was able to drive it home and get us back safe at least (we were 5 hours away).

20161124_091519_1480343141157_resized_zpskx48tzvw.jpg

So I got both headlights even though all the damage was on the drivers side from me swerving (broken tab on the pass side). To make things worse/better the factory black headlight were on national back order with no ETA so I changed over to the chrome projectors.

I honestly never liked the black projectors on white and this worked out for me, I also had them paint the badge white, however I don't like it as much and will do another one in a chrome/white scheme.

%20after%20the%20deer%20chrome%20heads_zpszewyrbnx.jpg

white-chrome%20badge_zpspmx4jq6k.jpg

I am planing on having Jeremy retro the headlights with FXR's/hids and clear corners.

Possible doing a Laramie grill insert ?

Over all I think it will be different enough from the storm trooper direction most people go with white Sports and clean looking is a different way.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The headlights would look good but in my opinion the laramie grill wouldn't

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Who's truck is that? It has Quad projectors and the hood and bumper are different than yours.

Oh btw your truck is looking super nice.

Any chance your selling the stock black oem projectors???

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Who's truck is that? It has Quad projectors and the hood and bumper are different than yours.

Oh btw your truck is looking super nice.

Any chance your selling the stock black oem projectors???

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Not sure who's truck, it was a google image that popped up while i was searching (its a 2500/3500 HD)

Not looking to sell the old housings right now as I may use parts from them. I know the drivers is F'd bad and might have broken internal parts.

CHTexas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd recommend white instead of black just like your thinking. I just finished painting mine all white minus the reflector and ordered the led switchbacks from Jeremy to install. I was super happy with the light output from the diode dynamics switchback kit. If I had the option I'd do exactly what your doing with projectors and I'd have Jeremy do it. Good luck make sure to post pics when you get your lights back.

39210527025ccc87f626215a473ff703.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd recommend white instead of black just like your thinking. I just finished painting mine all white minus the reflector and ordered the led switchbacks from Jeremy to install. I was super happy with the light output from the diode dynamics switchback kit. If I had the option I'd do exactly what your doing with projectors and I'd have Jeremy do it. Good luck make sure to post pics when you get your lights back.

39210527025ccc87f626215a473ff703.jpg

I have seen a few "white out" projector pictures, I like them and they look killer.

I am going for a more stealth/subtle modding, doing things that do not really stand out while standing out (if that makes sense).

OP
OP
16WhiteQC

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured out my grill badge last night, had my old badge from the deer to play with (damaged) and some engineering grade reflective scotchlight (like on street signs).

I will say white its not s perfect match to the factory bright white it is close enough!

Looks normal until light hits it Mwahaha (new badge is waiting for me to mod at the dealer).

White%20badge_zpsfwatwoul.jpg

White%20Badge%201_zpsfirzypnu.jpg

(Wife's 200 Super S used as a backdrop, sorry its dirty lol)

CHTexas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen a few "white out" projector pictures, I like them and they look killer.

I am going for a more stealth/subtle modding, doing things that do not really stand out while standing out (if that makes sense).
That makes sense that's what I've been going for but I was trying to explain the look at lunch yesterday and I don't think they got it. That's why I opted for the white and Amber switchback halos bc I thought the rgb headlights were too much. I'm jealous of you starting with the projectors, those will come out awesome.

CHTexas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured out my grill badge last night, had my old badge from the deer to play with (damaged) and some engineering grade reflective scotchlight (like on street signs).

I will say white its not s perfect match to the factory bright white it is close enough!

Looks normal until light hits it Mwahaha (new badge is waiting for me to mod at the dealer).

White%20badge_zpsfwatwoul.jpg

White%20Badge%201_zpsfirzypnu.jpg

(Wife's 200 Super S used as a backdrop, sorry its dirty lol)
That looks awesome it looks like the white matches really well. I may have to try that bc I've been looking to switch up my grill