TYC projectors on 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did some digging and couldnt find the answer. I have a 2011 ram with quad headlights, and want to upgrade to 13+ projectors. Couple of questions to those who have done this. 1. Is it possible to get the drls to work properly. 2. If so, does it require installing a drl relay, or can you flash/add a code to the computer like the 13's. 3. I plan on having Jeremy add switchback halos, and rgbw boards. Will everything just wire up plug and play with the wiring harness from retroshop, or am I gonna have to do some extra wiring/relays etc. Sorry if this has been covered already.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
DRLs ...... not "100% pnp"

So here's why.....

Trucks that came from the factory without the quad lights do not have the pin that runs to the DRL pin on the truck. So.....on your 11, a relay harness, tied to an ignition source - this would be your DRL.

I did this on my 10 years ago. I have a 5 pin relay that wired up to be triggered off of the sunroof fuse (results may vary, mine came with a sunroof, and that fuse was hot when the truck was running). Power comes from there, and then it will shut off the DRL when the parking lights are turned on. I did this for my Morimoto DRL5s in my bumper. After I made the current lights that are on the truck (with the RGBWA boards) - I ran their DRL wire to the same harness for simplicity.