Tyc projectors + retroshop resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Thank you. Me no likie there. Seems to sheet metally. You should be able to test the resistance to that point with a meter. If it's not like 0.05 ohms, id find some frame action. I put mine directly behind the headlight on a pre existing bolt that you can only get with a crescent wrench. I cut the rings off and put spades because I couldn't get the bolt all the way out. Didn't even have to sand it.

OP
OP
T

Toasty047

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I regrounded to the frame again. Same result, flickers and doesn't work when the truck is on :/

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where are your resistors mounted , right behind your lights? Those things get super hot man I'd recommend putting them somewhere with some better airflow if that's the case. Did you ohm out that ground point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Toasty047

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've mounted them behind the light, on the backside of the frame, and now they're tucked up above the light. Although JJ said where you mount them isn't important.

I've tried grounds together and separate as well with neither having a difference. I haven't ohmed my grounds, I'll go into work tomorrow and get my multimeter and check them.

Now the capacitor isn't working either. The lights are reading headlight out, parking light out and the turn signal stops again. So back to square negative zero. It works if I turn the headlights on though.

I don't understand how the passenger side has no issues. It works almost all the time. It's only the driver's side, and they're mounted and grounded in the same way.

EDIT: in the interest of science I removed both grounds and it worked until the turn signal on to long flash came on :confused: then the turn signal out warning tripped but everything worked fine except inside it was ticking fast

Then I regrounded and instantly the light started freaking out. So I though why not unplug the resistors. Did that and no errors no codes yet. Everything works so far?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Weird stuff man. Fingers crossed they continue to work.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You NEED the correct CANBUS adaptor.
I had a similar situation with flickering when truck running and working fine with truck off. Although my set up was completely different than yours but the symptoms are exactly the same.
You need 2 resistors per side (which sounds like you do already) and 1 CANBUS adaptor per side for these to work properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Toasty047

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
firebuff what's your setup?

So I rocked the no resistors and it worked for a day or so with no warning, then the warning came on but my blinkers still worked all the way around. So I drove with the running lights on until I was able to try different resistors.

Swapped out retroshop for kensun on the driver side, worked with no errors, worked except for when the lights were on it wouldn't blink.

Then I got the Diode Dynamics anti flicker module, put those on, same result so I put the retroshop back on and the exact same thing with the flicker and then go out happened, so I removed one resistor and it worked like it should. I'll keep it updated on both sides, I might try going down to one resistor on the passenger side as well.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
you swapped out everything but one part from what im reading. Have you been using the same swap wiring harness? I had a issue with one of the crimps on my tail light swap harness not being connected tight enough. Had to take the pin out and directly solder it together so it would be tighter. Cause Im thinking that the connection isn't tight and its causing it to be out of ohm spec.