Under Tonneau Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What is everyone with a tonneau cover doing for storage? I would like a tool box, but obviously most won't work the a tonneau cover. I have an undercover flex. Any suggestions for toolbox alternatives?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a guy on this site, Vancouver604, who has this toolbox, and to get it to clear the linkage on his bakflip cover (same as my undercover version), he remounted the brackets on the toolbox so it sat about 1" lower.....

check out his truck here...

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/toolbox_tonneau_cover-36059/

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i bought the bakflip cover because of the bak box. granted its not technically a tool box and its overpriced for what it is (at least thats my opinion). it does its job at storing random **** that doesnt fit or i dont want under my seat without flying around in the bed though, so it was worth it to me.

OP
OP
ckeefer58

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Extang makes the Full Tilt. It works with a standard toolbox. On off in a few minutes by myself.
I've seen those types of covers, but I've already invested in and like my undercover tri-fold. I like the fact that you can't really see the cover when looking at the truck from the side. That was one of the reasons I never went for the traditional tool box.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Build a toolbox who fit under your tonneau cover.
Simplest would be out of marine plywood soaked with fiberglass resin,
more fancy would be a aluminum sheets with a aluminum or steel frame inside.
Not too expensive to build or have built.
Chris

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went the hillbilly route . I bought a couple very large
plastic containers. About 16" tall x 18" wide x 36 " long.
I've had them for about a year now. Work well for what I haul around. They were cheap at Wally World.

I thought about getting a sliding drawer but they are $1,000 and take up quite a bit of height.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ckeefer58

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Swingcases.
Do the swingcases have enough room in them to fit a standard bottle of washer fluid? That's probably the biggest thing I have floating around in my bed at the moment.

charcoal1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went the hillbilly route . I bought a couple very large
plastic containers. About 16" tall x 18" wide x 36 " long.
I've had them for about a year now. Work well for what I haul around. They were cheap at Wally World.

I thought about getting a sliding drawer but they are $1,000 and take up quite a bit of height.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I did this. I small one for tie downs and rope with a couple larger ones for Misc items and then recover equipment. I tried gluing magnets to the bottoms so they would stay in one spot, with the spray in bed-liner didn't work as planned. just have them bungee corded across the front now. I can now carry everything or depending on what I have going on if I need the full bed I can leave out any one of the 3 containers as necessary.