Undercover Flex leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, i installed my Flex on Saturday and we got rain all day Sunday. I have the factory drop in bed liner and although the directions said that alteration of the bed liner might be needed they didn't say what or how to do it. SO i carried on and got it installed, now i'm having concerns about the fit and seal. It rained all day yesterday and there was some water at all 4 corners.
Does anyone know what needs to be adjusted on these drop in liners or should i ditch the drop in and go with a different bed liner?
It's not a work truck so it doesn't have to be a super rugged liner, and having it sprayed isn't in the budget right now.
Thanks.

Last edited:

tripleplay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure you will ever get the UC Flex to be water tight regardless of adjusting.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My goal isn't water tight, but it seems to be riding too high so the rubber isn't fully sealing. I saw where one person suggested putting the cover on and loosening the clamps and adjusting it that way, so that may be my next step. I ordered a dry cargo bag for the stuff that has to stay dry.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your rails are probably too high, Just lower them slightly and you'll get a much better seal

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Mine leaks at the corners near the cab. the side rails have that plastic pieces on top but the front rail near the cab doesn't so it can't seal. Ive thought about adding rubber or something at those spots

RamWrayzor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine only leaks when I wash it never when it rains. No problems here but I do have the bed rug, not sure it that makes the difference or not?

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine only leaks when I wash it never when it rains. No problems here but I do have the bed rug, not sure it that makes the difference or not?

How does the bed run hold up to the moisture? I don't want something that is going to get molding or mildew back there if it holds onto the water that leaks in. Thanks for the help.