Used tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was shopping for some new BFG KO2 275/65r20, but found used 285/65r20 that are 1/3 of the price of a brand new set of 275. 2 are at 12/32 and the other 2 are at 13/32, so they still got some life left in them.

Any gotcha with tire of this size when buying used?

Also, from what I read so far, with my 20" Sport wheels and my Bils at 2.1 I shouldn't have any issue right ?

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was shopping for some new BFG KO2 275/65r20, but found used 285/65r20 that are 1/3 of the price of a brand new set of 275. 2 are at 12/32 and the other 2 are at 13/32, so they still got some life left in them.

Any gotcha with tire of this size when buying used?

Also, from what I read so far, with my 20" Sport wheels and my Bils at 2.1 I shouldn't have any issue right ?
This is just my opinion but I wouldn't buy used unless you were just buying 1 or 2 to match what you already have to run them out. The problem with used tires is you don't know what they've been through in their previous life, and no warranty on used. Now if it's a money thing and that's all you can afford that's different, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've bought used about 4 or 5 times in my life and only had a problem one time. Two of the set where BFG ATs (one was a set of KOs {before KO2s} and the other MT - neither of them were a problem). The only problem I had was that one of them on one of the sets (not BFG - can't remember what they were though, I'm thinking they were Falkins) had a bad bead which gave it a slow leak so I ditched that set for a set of new KO2s. Used tires are a pay your money, take your chances kind of thing but I've done ok doing that most of the time. Of course, your mileage may vary. If the seller has a good reason to change them out before they wore out, like he lifted the truck and got bigger wheels and tires, they're probably ok.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I bought my current nitto terra grapplers used. Paid about 1/3 price for a good set. Seller told me they were takeoffs from a truck he traded in. Haven’t had any issues yet. You are taking your chances, but in reality 99% of people probably used the tires the same way everyone does, daily commuting.

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not a money issue, but it's one at the same time. We are talking over a 1000$ (Canadian) saving here lol

I don't think I'll go with the deal since the guy got them and over 1000 other tires in an auction when he won a bid on some heavy equipment. Also after more reading that 285 without flare might be a problem, my 275 already throw stuff on the side of the truck.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not a money issue, but it's one at the same time. We are talking over a 1000$ (Canadian) saving here lol

I don't think I'll go with the deal since the guy got them and over 1000 other tires in an auction when he won a bid on some heavy equipment. Also after more reading that 285 without flare might be a problem, my 275 already throw stuff on the side of the truck.
Yeah, I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either. It would be one thing if the tire store said theses were take offs because guy wanted a different brand, different size , new wheels and tires or something like that. But when they were bought as a 1000 lot with a bunch of other used tires is be sceptical.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bassheadhemi

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after I went to see 2 sets of used tires that supposedly only had a few miles on them but had less than 50% thread left I abandoned the quest for used tires.

I've got myself some brand new Ko2 in 275 65 20.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk