Various Road Force

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I have the dreaded M/T Vibration between the 55-65 area..

I have been looking for remedies and came across a few threads that suggest a road force balancing..

Ok... but some reported that it cured the issue and some report it did not..

when i went to do a research on roadforce itself , i see they have a search tool to find a local shop who has the capabilities..did the search and quite a few popped up near me in Orlando..But when i saw the different types Road force has.. force match HD, Smart touch Elite, etc.. i got confused and wondered if any one who has had the issued cured knows which one was done on their ram..

Id imagine, it would b the elite.. im curious.. Anyone ?

Last edited:

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No experience with Roadforce although I've seen it on several forums. An out of round tire can also cause the problem I would think. I had a problem like that some years ago. Brand new rubber but egg shaped. Can't balance that away.

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
No experience with Roadforce although I've seen it on several forums. An out of round tire can also cause the problem I would think. I had a problem like that some years ago. Brand new rubber but egg shaped. Can't balance that away.

I figure if it's an imperfection, I would feel it at a lower speed than 45-50.
I settled on the road force elite service. It has a road simulation to it. Supposed to be the most accurate on the market. Only 40 bucks at discount tire. Figure it's a low cost option. I just hope it does the trick. Lol

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Well I went to discount tire and they did a road force elite balance. Using the washing that simulated road conditions. Happy to report that eliminated the issues. My truck is back to smooth, minus the obvious noise that m/t's bring. I also still get a lil vibration ( very slight ) at around 80. But I don't mind, comes with the m/t life.
It cost 86 bucks because this balance job actually calls for the dismount of the tire itself to balance it perfectly.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I went to discount tire and they did a road force elite balance. Using the washing that simulated road conditions. Happy to report that eliminated the issues. My truck is back to smooth, minus the obvious noise that m/t's bring. I also still get a lil vibration ( very slight ) at around 80. But I don't mind, comes with the m/t life.
It cost 86 bucks because this balance job actually calls for the dismount of the tire itself to balance it perfectly.

I'm having same issue ... Paid tons of money at various shops who all said they weren't balanced right from the previous shop. I have fuel vapor 20x10 -18 offset with 33"x12" Terra grapplers and have a shake feels like they aren't balanced.. not crazy bad but enough to notice and bother me. I have an appt at dealer for roadforxe balance this thurs. Hoping to fix it for good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Make sure it's the road force elite though. There's like three different tiers. The elite is so sophisticated it will tell you exactly how to place the tire on the wheel. It made a hell of a difference. They had to dismount two of them