Vibration at 76- 100 Kmh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgkreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PT 4.7
Hey guys, looking for some advice as I'm getting fed up with this truck! :banghead:

I have a 2013 ram 1500 SLT that I bought from a used car lot near my house, They had put new tires and brakes on for safety. The problem for me is that they are StarFire tires 265/70/R17 to be exact, and when I'm doing between 70-100Kmh I get a flutter/shake, I took it into the used car lot to get it looked at, they found a front spline coming out of the transfer case was rounded out, that was fixed and I figured that would fix it but I still get the flutter/shake. I am very confused on what to do, Im past my 30 day Canadian version of the lemon law, any input would be greatly appreciated. I've heard about getting them road force balanced but I'm not too sure what to do. Thanks guys! Sorry if the formatting is rough.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it to a local tire shop, I'd personally avoid places like Kal. Have them check the tires to see if they are out of balance or out of round. Hopefully it's just the cheap Chinese rubber causing the issues.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Take it to a local tire shop, I'd personally avoid places like Kal. Have them check the tires to see if they are out of balance or out of round. Hopefully it's just the cheap Chinese rubber causing the issues.

Had a set of Amp tires that were about the same as the OP, could not get balanced, went ahead and spent more money on some Toyo's and could not be happier.. Most likely the problem is the tires.. Do what Nick says and see if a tire shop can do a road force on them

Last edited:
OP
OP
jgkreal

jgkreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PT 4.7
Thanks guys, really put me at ease lol. Figured it was along that line so I'll keep my fingers crossed! I'm about to make a 5000Km round trip so want to get this sorted out as soon as possible! Thanks again! :happy107: