Want new tires, recommend me something...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pkrexer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put on some Falken WildPeaks at3w and like them. Decently priced as well.

They are also severe snow rated which is nice since I live in Michigan.

attachment.jpg

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nitto and toyo make great tires. I put 70,000 miles on a set of nitto terra grapplers Lt305/55/20 on a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 qc 4x4 5.7 . I went on the beach a lot with these tires and also a lot of nasty swampy roads ,power lines and crop fields in my hunting club and never got stuck or had a issue. Are they a great mud tire no they are not made to be. They towed a 21ft Triton bass boat over half there life as well. They still looked good when I sold the truck. I have also ran toyo mt and they lasted over 45,000 miles which for a mud tire is awesome. I'm currently running nitto terra grapplers g2. They ride smooth and quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to run the toyo at2 either. I also ran a set of copper zeon ltz tires on my work truck and they also wore good and I liked the look of them. The only negative I had was it took a lot of weight to balance the 2 sets I've been through.

Last edited:

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
These are Kanati Mud Hogs 275-70-18...You can get 35-12.50-20 Set of 4 delivered to your front door for $900.00...Ebay...Parrish Tire Co.....

Attachments

• DSC08649 (2).jpg
    DSC08649 (2).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nitto and toyo make great tires. I put 70,000 miles on a set of nitto terra grapplers 305/55/20. They still looked good when I sold the truck.

Mileage isn't everything, their compound is garbage. Traction is poop wet and dry. However if you want a tire for "looks" then have at it

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mileage isn't everything, their compound is garbage. Traction is poop wet and dry. However if you want a tire for "looks" then have at it

I never had a issue went everywhere I wanted it to go. I don't drive 2wd trucks either

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't mean to sound like a ****, but terra grapplers are the worst tire I have run. They might last , due to their almost plastic compound, but their traction is garbage in wet, dry, and snow. My .02

That's why we have opinions!! But, I'd have to disagree. In my own experience, they were pretty damn great!
:)

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't mean to sound like a ****, but terra grapplers are the worst tire I have run. They might last , due to their almost plastic compound, but their traction is garbage in wet, dry, and snow. My .02

As a Flordian, I have to STRONGLY disagree. Great in wet and dry. Light years ahead of the SRAs. Took a turn this weekend at 20-30mph where the SRAs would slid out from me and they didn't even break a sweat. I can also leave a stop light in pouring rain and they won't spin. The SRAs would spin even with 4WD on.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you go off road and like to play in mud but also like good street manners you might want to look into a hybrid. I'm hearing good things about the nitto ridge grapplers they are hybrid

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm not sure what knock-off chinese brand you bought - but both tires you are bashing get excellent reviews from pretty much anywhere you look.

RogueXpress609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put on some Falken WildPeaks at3w and like them. Decently priced as well.

They are also severe snow rated which is nice since I live in Michigan.

attachment.jpg
What size are those and do you have any pics of them on the truck.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Terra Grappler G2's and they are amazing in wet and dry. They hum a little over 70 miles per hour and so far off road I havent been stuck yet. I have 4x4 but no limited slip or locker and again no issues. Im not saying buy them, but on the 2 trucks I have them on they are far better than the other AT's I have run.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what knock-off chinese brand you bought - but both tires you are bashing get excellent reviews from pretty much anywhere you look.

Oh the sweet sound of ignorance..... ok believe everything you read. You don't have to like my opinion , but believe it or not , the xt's were an excellent tire.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh the sweet sound of ignorance..... ok believe everything you read.

You don't have to like my opinion .

The thousands of positive opinions and reviews??!! Lol

But I agree...nobody has to like your opinion.

But this would be a first for me as well I have ever heard anybody say BOTH nitto and toyo are garbage.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
These are Kanati Mud Hogs 275-70-18...You can get 35-12.50-20 Set of 4 delivered to your front door for $900.00...Ebay...Parrish Tire Co.....
I can't speak highly enough about this seller. I bought the Trail Hogs LT2756520 from them for around $880 to the door in 2 days. That included Virginia sales tax or they would've been closer to $800.

Also love these tires so far after running duratracs on my 04 Dakota for a year.

About to price some tires with this seller for my wife's 4Runner. Great FAST service and prices!

680e8e83f34525f419aff357983eaf89.jpg

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp

I will second that, had a set of them and they sucked offroad.
were fine on pavement no noise and lasted a long time but off pavement they were not good.

Natron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had Duratracs on my last truck and they are tough to beat. They look aggressive and ride great. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my truck now with less than 1000 miles on them. So far I really like them. Have two different sidewall patterns to choose from. They ride smooth and the noise isn't bad.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be my guinea pig and get Nitto Exo Grapplers. Terra Grapplers are really good too. Hate everything Toyo makes.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Please show us on the doll where Nitto touched you. Damn!

OP, my Nitto Terra Grapplers have been excellent in rain, snow, gravel, mud, dry roads... They are wearing very well, and the ride is nice and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Syntec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
H5.7
Love some of the comments, you can see the passion people have in what tires they own :)

Just to clarify mytruck gets used as a sedan 99% of the time, I commute within city and on highway roads all the time and do not go off-roading, gravel or tow.

Wanted a nice good looking while aggressive tire that will be somewhat quiet and I won't have to replace quick.

Live in Alberta Canada, it gets very cold and winters last long (snow quite a bit too)