Want new tires, recommend me something...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
You have personal experience with the Duratracs? I've had them and best all around tire I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh,yes. the day i test drove my truck for the first time i hated them right from the get go. dealer wouldn't swap cuz they were new.one tire wouldn't stay balanced.i gave up trying.spongy as **** with the camper on,even at max psi. had a blowout driving on a dirt,not gravel, road so bad 3 plugs wouldn't seal it,and they were almost brand new.left me stranded .only tire i've ever truly hated.they may be ok on a light duty or jeep,but they really suck on an hd.really ****** in wet as well,but this is just my opinion on them.i will always advise against dura tracs.way too many better choices.put me down as a big fan of nittos as well.i have a spare set of 285/75/17 trail grapplers on my stock rims for off road trips and toyo 20's for when the campers on.

Last edited:

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, lets settle down here!!! Ahahahah!!!! Just want to say , I am not trying to sell anyone on atturo's, if your read any of the earlier posts. But I did try them and they were awesome. As far as nitto and toyo, what I'm saying is, comparing them to all the aforementioned tires the nitto's are similar to the tires on my sons power wheels. If you throw any power at them they feel like hard plastic. Sorry they're just poop.
So , on a budget get the atturo's, want to spend a ton on a great tire, get the atko2 , want to meet in the middle with a great tire , get some coopers. Duratrac's are good as well although not my experience, a friends. Fuel mud gripper, not so good. General grabber, also heard good things.
Your going to answers six ways till Sunday when it comes to tires. OP good luck !!

Sixxram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love some of the comments, you can see the passion people have in what tires they own :)

Just to clarify mytruck gets used as a sedan 99% of the time, I commute within city and on highway roads all the time and do not go off-roading, gravel or tow.

Wanted a nice good looking while aggressive tire that will be somewhat quiet and I won't have to replace quick.

Live in Alberta Canada, it gets very cold and winters last long (snow quite a bit too)

I'd be looking into Duratrac if I was in your shoes then. They are very highly recommended for snow, have aggressive look and are supposed to be quiet. They are quite pricey tho. Mr. Wheel Deal is a good place to look....but they will recommend Toyo. Tirerack is also a great place for professional and personal reviews. Tire hunting is fun!:)