Well that sucked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can't believe what I just did, somehow totally misjudged turning in my drive way to turn around and truck met fence on the rear passenger side. Thank goodness for the fender flares as it took the most damage. I see few faint scratches in the paint but running my fingernail over them only 1 actually felt deep, the others all seem like they should buff out. The fender flare took a little more of a beating. Scratched, a big gouge, and the inner got roughed up.

As soon as it happened I felt like a total @$$ :flipthebird:. Of course the truck is black forest green so it's a tough color to find as well. Going to order a touchup pen and see how well it hides the damage on the fender. Doubt I'll have much luck finding just one rear flare so for the time being don't think I'll bother replacing it.

:(

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks Jay, ordering some up now.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For sure Rzrman, I heard it and immediately put the truck in park and looked. Knocked the end cap off the foot step, took me a minute to even realize it was from that. Then noticed the gouge and thought "Okay, that's it, not bad"... then looked closer and noticed the scratches. Oh well, wouldn't be a proper truck if it was always in pristine condition... even if it's only been off the dealer lot for 30 days haha.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh well, wouldn't be a proper truck if it was always in pristine condition... .

May not look like it but my ram has quite a few scratches and dings alllll the way around.

...now everybody don't go to my build thread lookin for scratches n **** lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Yes I have. It matched better than the touch up available at the dealer. I don't recommend things that I haven't used or haven't gotten a good recommendation from someone I trust. Thanks for asking.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
May not look like it but my ram has quite a few scratches and dings alllll the way around.

...now everybody don't go to my build thread lookin for scratches n **** lol

:roflsquared: Funny thing is, as I was typing that I was looking at your signature picture thinking damn that is such a good looking truck. I'm thinking I may get a full detail and ceramic coating this spring anyways since the truck is brand new.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a good thread about coatings in the Detail section.
Jay