Westin Grill Guard Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDMIST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered a 2018 Ram 2500 and want to install a Westin HDX brush guard. I'm learning that I'll either have to de-activate or relocate the front parking sensors. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it best to buy the Westin relocation kit? Or should I just shut them off?
Also, Ive gotten conflicting info on various sites as to fitment of the guard. Some say the 57-3550 will fit and some say it won't.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Ordered a 2018 Ram 2500 and want to install a Westin HDX brush guard. I'm learning that I'll either have to de-activate or relocate the front parking sensors. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it best to buy the Westin relocation kit? Or should I just shut them off?
Also, Ive gotten conflicting info on various sites as to fitment of the guard. Some say the 57-3550 will fit and some say it won't.
Following.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

57romeo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would just de-activate them because the brush guard is going to be sticking out further then the bumper, so the sensors are pointless...

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
i would just de-activate them because the brush guard is going to be sticking out further then the bumper, so the sensors are pointless...

Just bought a very lightly used (not even sure it was mounted, just some packaging scratches IMHO) Go Rhino brushguard for $80! I plan on disabling the sensors as well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963