Westin HDX Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So for the longest time I've been trying to find an off-road bumper. I've been undecided on the ICI magnum or Westin hdx. I really wanted the hdx because it'd match my steps and it has shackle mounts and the ability to mount a winch but was having a hard time wanting to spend that much. The ICI was the closest comparable in appearance but lost the ability to retain factory tow hooks which I wanted since the bumper didn't have shackle mounts. Also lost the ability to winch. Well today I was lucky to stumble on CarId. I never shop there for some reason. I've always been an autoanything or realtruck guy. Well as luck would have it they are running a special on the Westin HDX that when you buy the front bumper you get the matching rear bumper free. That's absolutely awesome. Made swallowing the cost way way way more manageable since I get the rear bumper free. Buying the rear bumper separate is $1399. I got both for $1599 and free shipping. Talk about a freakin deal.

71E18CE3-700F-4F42-B4B5-CBFCE0258ACD_zpsygjk9vp9.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, nice score

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it come with the LED's or is that an option?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure it will look sweet. Only through April 30th tho.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you decide to change your mind, I bought a new Warn front bumper for mine cause I thought I would lift it and go off road, but that won't be happening anytime soon so I'll be putting it up for sale/trade

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
nice choices, sale still going on for anyone else interested

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you decide to change your mind, I bought a new Warn front bumper for mine cause I thought I would lift it and go off road, but that won't be happening anytime soon so I'll be putting it up for sale/trade

Ordered on Saturday. Due to ship out on Thursday. Should be installed by next weekend. I've ordered all the light bars. Trying to find a decent deal on d ring shackles and debating if I want to take a chance on a harbor freight winch. They get great reviews and currently have their 12000 lb model on sale for $289

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great find! Post pictures after you have it installed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Can't begin to express my frustration with Westin. Apparently their business model is to keep their 3rd party vendors in the dark on product availabilty. I ordered the bumper from CarId and the bull bar that goes with it from autoanything. Both sites listed the products in stock. After placing my order with autoanything I was sent two shipping delay notices. And now the products are pushed out to 5/23. At the same time CarId told me the bumpers would ship 5/5. Well after not hearing anything from them I called Westin direct and apparently that order has also been delayed until 5/23. Both autoanything and CarId told me their stock inventory status comes direct from Westin and they are terrible about updating stock inventory. Of course Westin has disabled their review section on Facebook and also couldn't care less when I called their customer service reps. Should've learned my lesson when the same thing happened to me with the HDX drop steps. So here I am $1800 out of pocket and waiting over 5 weeks to get my stuff when it was supposed to be shipped in less than a week.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't begin to express my frustration with Westin. Apparently their business model is to keep their 3rd party vendors in the dark on product availabilty. I ordered the bumper from CarId and the bull bar that goes with it from autoanything. Both sites listed the products in stock. After placing my order with autoanything I was sent two shipping delay notices. And now the products are pushed out to 5/23. At the same time CarId told me the bumpers would ship 5/5. Well after not hearing anything from them I called Westin direct and apparently that order has also been delayed until 5/23. Both autoanything and CarId told me their stock inventory status comes direct from Westin and they are terrible about updating stock inventory. Of course Westin has disabled their review section on Facebook and also couldn't care less when I called their customer service reps. Should've learned my lesson when the same thing happened to me with the HDX drop steps. So here I am $1800 out of pocket and waiting over 5 weeks to get my stuff when it was supposed to be shipped in less than a week.

Sorry to hear that man. That's a real bummer. One thing you could do is call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Since the item has never shipped you shouldn't have an issue. Explain the issue to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry to hear that man. That's a real bummer. One thing you could do is call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Since the item has never shipped you shouldn't have an issue. Explain the issue to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is I'd still like the item. It's just ridiculous that's how Westin wants to run their business. Of course when I call Westin they say it's autoanything or CarId's problem. That may be true if both companies didn't give me the exact same answer about Westin sucking on inventory status. What frustrates me the most is there is really no such thing as good customer service anymore. Once they have your money they couldn't care less. The Westin customer services' exact words were "It is what it is. You can either wait or cancel you order. Doesn't matter to us either way." Well congratulations Westin. You've successfully managed to garauntee I'll never order or recommend any product you make. And if somebody compliments my bumper I'll be sure to tell them, "Yea it's nice but don't bother ordering it cause they couldn't give two ***** about you."

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll tell ya one thing though if I had paid full price and hadn't gotten the rear free I sure as hell would've cancelled.

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So it sounds like bumpers are to ship out first week of June. The delay really sucks but the price was right. CarId did credit $75 back from original purchase price and gave me a $15 gift card which was nice. Can't say the same for autoanything. They are still telling me the light bull bar will ship may 23rd. We'll see. If it's just a waiting game. Westin has still been zero help but at this point there isn't much to do if I still want to get the product. I know I'll be satisfied once they show up it's just the situation is ******.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You got a pretty sweet deal bud and something tells me you'll forget all about having to wait a month to get your parts.
Considering what you got for the price....it shouldn't be a issue paying the difference in patience. Hell, you even got $75 back just for whining to them, most people get much worse than that.
Be grateful for the awesome deal and we'll look forward to you bragging about " these new badass bumpers you got for a steal"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
The will be worth the wait, damm nice bumpers :)

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ya I know it'll be worth the wait. Just wish I would've know from the beginning that it was gonna take 6 weeks instead of having to hound everybody for an answer.