What LED Bulbs are you guys using in your Fog Lights and Projector High Beams??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I just ordered a set of new TYC oem projectors and I'm going to be ordering the adapter and HID'S from RS soon. But I'd rather not have 2 more hid kits in my Fogs and Highs, I'd like them to be instant on and LED. So what brands and models are you guys using in your 09-12 Rams?

I'm also looking to find out what brands of LED Bulbs fit inside the high beam of the projector housing with the dust cap still being used and uncut.

If you could also share links to the bulbs that would be great. Thanks.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thought you were driving to Connecticut to get oem projectors?

I'm running diode dynamics xml2 leds in my fogs

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HID warmup time is less than 5 seconds and match perfectly to your headlight HIDs. But if you must go LED in the fogs I'd also go with what Quietpeen said and use the Diode dynamic bulbs. I had them and they are pretty bright. Better yet just order the morimoto ones that replace your housing from RS. Also thought you were making the trip to CT to grab the OEMs and junpin on 00R/Ts HID kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thought you were driving to Connecticut to get oem projectors?

I'm running diode dynamics xml2 leds in my fogs

HID warmup time is less than 5 seconds and match perfectly to your headlight HIDs. But if you must go LED in the fogs I'd also go with what Quietpeen said and use the Diode dynamic bulbs. I had them and they are pretty bright. Better yet just order the morimoto ones that replace your housing from RS. Also thought you were making the trip to CT to grab the OEMs and junpin on 00R/Ts HID kit.

I was going to take the trip up to upper New York but I found out I was meeting a random guy, who says he works for the dealership and that the lights were brand new, etc etc.... seemed shady. I asked him if I could meet him at the parts department of the dealer and he said no because it was his day off or whatever. Something was fishy so I bailed.

I had another dude about 1hr away in new Jersey who had oem black housing chrome projector lights and I got him down from $500 to $350 but I just went with the TYC for 2 reasons. 1 they are brand new. 2. The projector lense in the TYC has a WAY better cutoff compared to the OEM projector lense. The oem one is fuzzy and blurred.

I'm going to throw the tyc's in as they are for right now. I'm going to wait until the summer to open them up. So between now and then I can gather up all the parts for the retrofit and have it all ready.

But for now I'm just going to run the tyc's as they come with a drop-in kit from RS and some led High's and fogs.

What kind of bulbs are you guys running in your high beam slot in the projectors?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For the most part the high beams need to be the kind with the wire mesh for cooling. Most fans are too wide to clear the edge of the opening. Once you pull the back plate you'll see what i mean. The high beam stays semi covered. Take a look at enlight's led's. Also check out the auto led on facebook, they have fanned leds that fit and work.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm just running the factory halogen in the high beam. With the HID fogs and lows I really haven't had to use the highs much anymore.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm just running the factory halogen in the high beam. With the HID fogs and lows I really haven't had to use the highs much anymore.

Maybe I'll just keep the high beams Halogen and buy the $25 high beam Diode from RetroShop so my hid Low's stay on when I put on the high beams. I can just buy a really nice Halogen bulb for the high beam. Seems like my best option.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would agree with that one.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm also just using the oem halogen in the high's since my hid's stay on with highs