What would You Do (pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
Pull it and see or head to the tire shop. Its a brand new 37x12.50 20 Nitton Tire. E rated. Is that repairable if its leaking or will i need a new tire already?

I have yet to come up with a spare solution from my other thread so now you can probably understand my concern.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 130

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Should be repair able. I doubt it would let out air if you pulled it out. But id rather let a shop do it of you dont have a spare. Should only cost like $10 for a shop to do a plug.

magnum318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318
Should be repair able. I doubt it would let out air if you pulled it out. But id rather let a shop do it of you dont have a spare. Should only cost like $10 for a shop to do a plug.

Don't let the shop use a plug. Insist that they break the tire down and patch it right.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk

Allstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Sport CC
Engine
Buy a plug kit front walmart and fix it yourself. Trim the stickout ends close to the tire. I do it all the time.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I usually have mine removed, and patched. It is a better, but still easy, and relatively inexpensive fix.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Patch it and call it a day..that way you know its done right! Sucks it happened!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I would have a reliable shop patch it right from inside the tire
Plugs can come out at high speeds (not that your going that fast with those tires any way) but it would be a concern given your spare concern

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
id patch it from the inside, if its even leaking after its pulled out. thats really the only good way to patch it, plugs work ok but a patch would be better.

OP
OP
L

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
if i pull out the nail and it doesnt leak is there some type of glue or something i can put on the hole from the outside just to protect it a little?

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
since its a new tire just have it patched. I wouldnt want to run the next 30-40 thousand mile with just a plug.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If the shop pulls it out and it doesn't leak, you are good to go. If it leaks, a patch would be best. A lot of people bad mouth plugs, but I've never had a problem with a plug.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
patch it, get it done right so you won't have any problems in the future.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to a shop that uses the new vulcanizing plug/patch combination deals. That's what I used on one of my tires. They work well and the tire doesn't lose it's rating afterwards.

WW3.png

Last edited:

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
plug patches are great! i just patched a semi tire friday with half inch hole in it, had to ream it out with a drill bit to get the plug to go in the hole, holds air just fine and hasnt had any problems with it yet even with a load on it.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
plug patches are great! i just patched a semi tire friday with half inch hole in it, had to ream it out with a drill bit to get the plug to go in the hole, holds air just fine and hasnt had any problems with it yet even with a load on it.

Yup...I had a damn concrete nail in one of my 20's....took it to the shop and they used one and haven't had a problem at all. And like I said, when using the combo plug patches, your tire doesn't lose its rating. For instance, if you were to plug or patch a Z rated tire, it will no longer be considered Z rated...but with the combo plug patches, it will still be Z rated.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a thought: is it okay to patch an E rated tire? (or an E rated that's used as an e-rated)?

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
first off spray it see if it bubbles if not then it prob wont leak if you pull it 2nd no shops use plugs any more ( well not supposed to any way) they have been deemed unsafe and if you plug it and take it to a shop they wont fix it they will tell you u need a new tire. So bottom line if its leaking get it patched most shops use a plug/patch setup