what's the best vent visors for quad cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really good to hear. Sounds like you live in a similar climate. Is your truck in a garage when parked? Some say it freezes the windows in cold temps...

I live in Florida and I have had my windows freeze shut without any visors, so anything is possible. It even froze stuck my doors and my wipers as well. We got snow in Florida that year.

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done some research and talked to some dealers up here and the general consensus is stick ons. The channel in the door is fitted at the factory for the exact thickness of the glass to form a tight seal. Putting an in channel visor will alter this gap. If you ever decide you want to take them out your window may not seal properly. Or if you sell it and the new owner wants them removed. Just a thought. Stickies look good as well if installed properly.

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AVS in-channel. I'm very happy with mine. Also in the Philly area and they have done great in very cold and very hot, snow and rain; nothing is a problem. They work great, install was easy and efficient, and the low profile looks sharp. Nothing against WeatherTech but AVS are tried and true in my quad cab.
Hope this helps bud!

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I've decided to go with AVS in channel. I ordered them yesterday at $89.00 Can for four pieces. Should get them next week and I'll post a picture once they are installed.
Thanks to everybody who posted their opinion and advice

OP
OP
TerraNewf

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I got them installed, AVS in channel. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 192

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Looks good, I just bought some off eBay.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the stick on AVS stuff years ago. But after having to deal with replacing broken ones and peeling glue off paint...etc...etc.... I decided to find a nice in channel visor. I switched to Putco and haven't looked back. Put them on all of our vehicles. My wife has the chrome in channels on her WK grand cherokee and I just installed a set of tinted in channels on my new ram. AND they normally go for about $80.00 or so. But I use advanceautoparts.com and use one of the coupon codes they always have available and you save atleast $40.00 right off the top. So the set of 4 cost about $40. Best part about the Putco (In my opinion) is that they don't use the same old rounded design that ever other brand has been doing for years and years. And the putco's have a more "squared off" look to them that goes well with the body lines on new rams and grand cherokees and lots of other newer vehicles. Seen the thread and figured I would mention another option for anyone out there looking. Great quality too! Can't beat it!.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 186

le_butters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had AVS in channel installed by a dealer. He made sure to explain to me that you need to leave the windows up for 24 hours so they can fit to the in channel. I haven't had any trouble getting the windows to auto up. Have stick on's with my yaris. They work great but, doing it yourself it can be tricky to get them lined up properly.

Your truck looks good. Glad you are happy with the decision

SuperBeeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 / 360 CID
In channels are the best. I've seen too many stick on one's on trucks flopping down the highway.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know this is an old thread but was wondering do the inchannel visors have tape on them to? I've always had the stick ons and was watching a video on YouTube were they were installing in channel and it had tape on it.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread but was wondering do the inchannel visors have tape on them to? I've always had the stick ons and was watching a video on YouTube were they were installing in channel and it had tape on it.

Yes.....well, atleast my putco's did. SOME of the in channels I had in the past did NOT have tape though. Instead they had a round welt of plastic molded into the visor and when you pushed it up into the window channel it kind of "clicked" into place. However I could grab them an get a jiggle out of them and was not very impressed. I am sure eventually the "jiggle" on that style I am talking about would eventually become a rattle as you drive down the road.

I love my putco's. Put a set on my wife's Jeep 3 years ago and they still look brand new and are still stuck as strong as the day I installed them. Same goes for the putco's I installed on my Ram almost 2 years ago.

There are strips of 3m adhesive on the visors, the visors are made to fit snug and even without tape would take force to remove...but the tape adds another level of staying power. You slip the visors up into your window channels ,roll your windows up, leave them up for 24 hours. And that's it!. Highly suggest the putco brand visors. great quality,they stay looking new and don't dull over time like some other brands,they fit great and in my opinion they have the best design that fits the ram's body style perfectly.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I used the stick on AVS stuff years ago. But after having to deal with replacing broken ones and peeling glue off paint...etc...etc.... I decided to find a nice in channel visor. I switched to Putco and haven't looked back. Put them on all of our vehicles. My wife has the chrome in channels on her WK grand cherokee and I just installed a set of tinted in channels on my new ram. AND they normally go for about $80.00 or so. But I use advanceautoparts.com and use one of the coupon codes they always have available and you save atleast $40.00 right off the top. So the set of 4 cost about $40. Best part about the Putco (In my opinion) is that they don't use the same old rounded design that ever other brand has been doing for years and years. And the putco's have a more "squared off" look to them that goes well with the body lines on new rams and grand cherokees and lots of other newer vehicles. Seen the thread and figured I would mention another option for anyone out there looking. Great quality too! Can't beat it!.

They look class,any wind noise while driving?truck is a lovely color,haven't seen that color around>I ordered the same mirrors as yours,should be here any day.

Last edited:

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Yeah my last set of AVS wasn't all that impressive, one of my back window visors cracked, so I made the switch to EGR. They look a lot like your Putcos and go all the way down the channel to sit flush against the frame by the mirrors.

Last edited:

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought some AVS in channel from pep boys had them n there for almost 48 hours b4 moving window 1st time rolled down then back up snapped the two front ones and the window don't wanna roll up its doing **** on its on, I'm trashing these there straight **** guess im'a have to stick with the outside ones

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look class,any wind noise while driving?truck is a lovely color,haven't seen that color around>I ordered the same mirrors as yours,should be here any day.

No more wind noise than I had from the factory. And the color is Deepwatter blue pearlcoat. There is a similar color to it on the 13+ rams (bahama blue maybe?...I don't recall for certain) but it is similar to this color only a slightly more vibrant almost chrome undertone. Not many deepwater blue pearls around though.

As for the mirrors, they do the job, I like them. They are bug magnets though lol

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought some AVS in channel from pep boys had them n there for almost 48 hours b4 moving window 1st time rolled down then back up snapped the two front ones and the window don't wanna roll up its doing **** on its on, I'm trashing these there straight **** guess im'a have to stick with the outside ones

Bummer, I think the AVS quality isn't good to begin with. but your problem sounds less about quality and more about tight interference in your window channel. You may have to go the stick on route

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah my last set of AVS wasn't all that impressive, one of my back window visors cracked, so I made the switch to EGR. They look a lot like your Putcos and go all the way down the channel to sit flush against the frame by the mirrors.

I've heard alot of nice things about the egr visors also. for me it came down to getting what I have used before and personally knew was good quality and for a good price AND the shape of the visors being squared off I personally feel fit these trucks body lines best.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
No more wind noise than I had from the factory. And the color is Deepwatter blue pearlcoat. There is a similar color to it on the 13+ rams (bahama blue maybe?...I don't recall for certain) but it is similar to this color only a slightly more vibrant almost chrome undertone. Not many deepwater blue pearls around though.

As for the mirrors, they do the job, I like them. They are bug magnets though lol

Thanks dude,I ordered them and they have shipped already.

karjar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done some research and talked to some dealers up here and the general consensus is stick ons. The channel in the door is fitted at the factory for the exact thickness of the glass to form a tight seal. Putting an in channel visor will alter this gap. If you ever decide you want to take them out your window may not seal properly. Or if you sell it and the new owner wants them removed. Just a thought. Stickies look good as well if installed properly.

TerraNewf Which hood deflector do you have on your truck? have a pearl white limited on the way. your looks good

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Weathertech hands down.
No tape and the in channel look looks the best, not some plastered on tape crap.

I have them on my Ram, 2015 Optima and had them on my 2006 Frontier.
They come in smoked and very lightly smoked.