Wheel offset and backspacing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning guys. So here’s a question for all my wheel experts out there. Let me start from the beginning, before I got my truck I saw this video on YouTube of a single cab ram that had some great looking wheels. That video is the reason I ended up purchasing my first ram. I went thru all the comments hoping I would see the size wheel he had or even the wheel make.

Welp after months of searching and reading threads and Facebook groups, I found the owner of the truck. Here’s what he tells me. My wheels are made by MHT. and they were 24x9 in the front with a 2” lip and 24x12 in the rear with a 6” lip. Here’s a picture of the truck 12ec10fcb812121cd33a99ecd215dc39.jpg

Now, with that being said. And following some of the local truck builds here in Houston I was under the impression that if you go with a wheel with of 12” width the only way to fit it was by shortening your rear end. That’s what most of these guys are doing. So I posed that question to the owner of this truck. And he said no. No need. So I ask how is this possible? His answer, not sure I ordered my wheels from 909 motoring. So of course I reach out to 909 motoring and asked them about this build. And they remember and they say. Yea that’s actually a 24x11.5 wheel with a 5.5” lip. We custom made them.

Basically nobody will tell me the correct back spacing. Obviously 909 wants to make the sale. But I have a local trustee wheel company I want to use. I don’t even want the same wheel I just want those wheel specs so my truck looks as good as this truck. Here’s the wheel I’m looking st getting it’s a us mag wheel f0d4cdf22f4c7da102efde95f5ed43fd.jpg

So basically. Would anybody have any idea what the correct backspacing and offset would be to achieve this look? Thanks I’m advance for you help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[emoji15] my bad. I didn’t realize that. Admins feel free to delete this for being in the wrong place. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Although my comment doesn't further your search, I just have to comment that truck must ride like crap unless driven on perfect asphalt and even then still semi crappy.

That truck is made to show off sitting still, not drive.

OP
OP
S

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Although my comment doesn't further your search, I just have to comment that truck must ride like crap unless driven on perfect asphalt and even then still semi crappy.

That truck is made to show off sitting still, not drive.

I’m curious how you came to that conclusion. Have you ridden in this particular truck? Do you know something about this truck that i don’t? At the very least I assume you have a set of 24” wheels; thats why you are making these claims.

If I recall r/t come with 22” wheels so this would only be a plus 2 upsizing. If done correctly I don’t see why this truck would ride “like crap”

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m curious how you came to that conclusion. Have you ridden in this particular truck?

I make my comments just by how narrow the side wall is with that setup and riding in vehicles with small sidewalls and how crappy the ride was.

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Not to mention, it's a truck not a sports car. All these guys lowering and running lo profile tires should go ahead and but an accord and have at it. It's a truck for God's sake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

salazarn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to mention, it's a truck not a sports car. All these guys lowering and running lo profile tires should go ahead and but an accord and have at it. It's a truck for God's sake

Man the hate is real. lol it’s cool. It’s true what they say. Opinions are like assholes. And there sure seems to be a lot of ******* in here......oops I mean opinions. You shouldn’t knock peoples likes. I’m sure there’s lots of people that don’t like the billy bob look. All jacked up trucks with huge “mud tires” and stupid led light bars everywhere.

Led bars and off road tires and never been off road [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
True, so true. I buy trucks like I buy tools, to do a job, carry stuff and look good doing it. Honestly, I was just stirring stuff up, live and let live, but I will laugh when I see a tricked out girly truck. I love it when I see a woman driving a real truck, but a short dude in a lifted truck, needs a ladder to climb in, or a truck all low to the ground with lo profile tires is funny to me, like a lifted cutlass. Have at it, we are all here because we love our trucks.. those wheels and rims are straight up ridiculous. Hit 1 decent pothole and guess what.... I used to own a Volvo s60, very lo profile 17's, hit a pot hole with 3 decent sized golfers in car, blew out two tires and cracked a rim. Seriously, have fun with it, no name calling though, opinions are like butt holes, we all have them.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man the hate is real. lol it’s cool. It’s true what they say. Opinions are like assholes. And there sure seems to be a lot of ******* in here......oops I mean opinions.

I do agree with you that it is different strokes for different folks in this forum, but that is a good thing because a topic can generate many opinions. Those opposing opinions are not bad, they stimulate the thought process.

Take for instance my RAM, I like the look of a black truck, although I already know from the other black vehicles I have owned they are a pain to keep looking clean. Same thing for those that like bare (badge less) Exterior and others can't get enough bling.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I too like tha thoughts of others not that it matters. Cause at the end of the day it's your ride build it to your liking. Lowered, lifted or otherwise. I'm currently lowered on 22" live in tha city not into offroading well not any place to do so really. At tha same time I luv seeing trucks modified gives u so many diff styles. As far as handling I run 305/40/22 and 2/4 drop currently and handling is vastly improved. Just a few days ago I came off an exit 55 vs the 40 I usually did before lowered and it just handled better. I've also been looking at a wider wheel set up mainly for stance but in no way is more important than ride comfort. My truck rides just as fine hit a few holes here and there no issues. So too each there own I recently saw that same truck on YouTube I think it's sick also good luck on your search.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk