Wheel spacer Questions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Looking for some insight on wheel spacers

I was looking at some wider fender flairs and wanted to push the tires out flush with them

Being I have new wheels I don't want to replace with appropriate offset

Once I have the new flairs on I will know exactly what I need, but looks like it will be 1.25" to 1.5"

What are the pros and cons and who makes a good quality spacer ?

here is one I was looking at , Any good ?

Supreme Suspension Wheel Spacers for 12-16 Ram 1500

Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
big con on the 1.25 is that you definitely will have to cut your studs. 1.5" spacer might only have to grind them down a little

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Would I be better off going with a 1.75" or 2"

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
That brand is fine, running them myself. Several threads discussing these.

I did 1.5" and running stock 20" chrome clad wheels. If I was doing it over I would've done 1.75" or 2".

I didn't have to trim anything but the studs do extend past the spacer slightly. There's a recess in the factory wheels so it isn't an issue.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Hmmm....

Does not look like they make a 1.75" or 2" spacer

Do you know any other companies that may make that size ?

All I can seem to find is e-Bay specials with no branding ?

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bora have 1.75 and 2. I have 1 1/2". They make them when you place order really good quality.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
2" would really stick out far since you already have wheels that do stick out. Definitely get spacers that are hubcentric then get hubcentric rings for your wheels if you don't already have them.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
hubcentric rings for your wheels ?

what are these ? can you hook me up with a link

I though you just bolt them on and mount your wheels on the spacer studs ?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I cant give you a specific link because you need rings that match the bore of your aftermarket wheels and the bore on the truck. I got them from www.customwheeloffsets.com

You can also get bora wheels spacers from them too.

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Thank you

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious question about this... why do some people use wider spacers on the rear compared to the front? I would think you'd want the same size front/back... unless your wheels/tires are different between the two. Then, I guess you'd have to space them separately to retain the same outer dimensions.

I haven't ever really looked into the spacer situation, 'cause I never thought I'd use them. But, it's about time to get new tires and I'll be upgrading to bigger A/T tires (still on stock tires now). Convinced the wife that the OEM flares look good on the truck, so that got me thinking about widening the stance a bit to go along with the flares. I'm just not sure how wide I'll need/want to go if I eventually get the flares. I know I'll need to do the tires first, then see what that looks like. Then either get the spacers (due to possible rubbing), or flares to finish out the look.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i have read that the maxtrac lift for 2wd trucks pushes the front wheels out some, so for that I could see bigger spacers in the rear than the front

OP
OP
Witch

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I don't know why you would want different widths ?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I just ordered boras for my truck. Alittle pricey but I'll rest easy knowing it's high quality American made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some insight on wheel spacers

I was looking at some wider fender flairs and wanted to push the tires out flush with them

Being I have new wheels I don't want to replace with appropriate offset

Once I have the new flairs on I will know exactly what I need, but looks like it will be 1.25" to 1.5"

What are the pros and cons and who makes a good quality spacer ?

here is one I was looking at , Any good ?

Supreme Suspension Wheel Spacers for 12-16 Ram 1500

Thanks

I just bought a set of Supreme Suspension 1.5 spacers, couldn't be happier, I have a 2015 ram 1500. Really easy to install I didn't have to trim the studs, I've have them on for about a month now with no issues, I don't have fender flares yet

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) I also used 1.5" spacers that probably should have been 1.75", but

It's early in the game-

IMG_3487_zpsuogkeoxc.jpg

I got mine from "Wheeladaptersusa" and they're hub centric/T-6061 and cost $147-free shipping--

That could be different now, It's been a couple months since I boughtem-

I have some 2" adapters for sale, but they're for earlier Rams

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious question about this... why do some people use wider spacers on the rear compared to the front? I would think you'd want the same size front/back... unless your wheels/tires are different between the two. Then, I guess you'd have to space them separately to retain the same outer dimensions.

I haven't ever really looked into the spacer situation, 'cause I never thought I'd use them. But, it's about time to get new tires and I'll be upgrading to bigger A/T tires (still on stock tires now). Convinced the wife that the OEM flares look good on the truck, so that got me thinking about widening the stance a bit to go along with the flares. I'm just not sure how wide I'll need/want to go if I eventually get the flares. I know I'll need to do the tires first, then see what that looks like. Then either get the spacers (due to possible rubbing), or flares to finish out the look.

I was running the Maxtrac lift on my truck. The fronts after installed was 1" farther out than the rears. So with that, I went with a 1" spacer up front and a 2" spacer in the rear, and that put my wheels completely even with each other after alignment.

Still trying to sell my two 1" and two 2" spacers as I took the lift off.