Wheels Question before i order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxsoszko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500
Engine
4.7L
I use to be on this forum awhile ago when i had my 2006 ram 1500… but a few days ago i bought a 2009 ram 1500 reg cab short bed 4x4…. it came with 17 inch steel wheels but i don't like those at all i want to keep the 17 inch size because i will be putting 285-70-17 tires on that i already have… but my question is what is the most back spacing i can run stock with no rubbing issues and if you have ordered aftermarket wheels before what offset and and rim width should i be looking for also… and if you have pictures of yours please feel free to share them I'm trying to get ideas of witch ones i want to buy.. thank you

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You'll find that the most common specs are a 9 inch wide wheel with 4.5 or 5 inches of backspacing. This is less than the OEM wheel. The OEM Ram wheels have a lot more backspacing than that, which is what causes most 12.50 inch/305mm wide tires to rub on the control arms at full steering lock.

OP
OP
M

Maxsoszko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500
Engine
4.7L
What backspacing would you recommend then...i want kind of like a pre runner look if ya know what i mean….

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
What backspacing would you recommend then...i want kind of like a pre runner look if ya know what i mean….

Pre-runner like in Toyota Tacoma?

If you want the tires to be pushed out some. You are going to want to run around a 0 offset. Dip into the negative if you want more.