When Do You Guys Use Your Lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Where I drive, we have a lot of back roads with little to no traffic. Mine are tied into a separate toggle switch which is easy to keep my hand on while driving. I use mine on these back roads and foggy or snowy conditions. Never had a problem as I make sure they are off when someone is approaching me. Sounds like you had a case of someone who had a bad experience with a lightbar user and he saw yours and was immediately pissed off.... Sounds like he's going to cross the wrong path with someone someday......

Adam

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Tow hooks?!?! TOW HOOKS!?!? You're talking about tow hooks?!?

The answer is always behind the grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to change out my grill inserts. They have perforated black fins that attach to the chrome. I also have the shutters behind the grill that really restrict the available mounting locations. I've been giving serious consideration to cutting a hole in the chrome between the tow hooks but worried about the cut not being clean.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only time I use mine is when there's no other cars coming at me. It is quite useful on dark road Using it in foggy weather it would only make things worse. The last person who tried to cut me off I put his ass in a ditch. One thing I don't like and that's when people like to play games on the road. I'm the wrong guy to play with. My truck is also equipped with train horns so when people want to play games I just scared the **** out of them. Lol

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
me too.2 wired to the reverse lights and 2 floods on a switch for that special someone,or to back into a camping spot during those late arrivals.

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Some douche in a Ram near me was coming from the opposite direction on a two lane highway with a median and I couldn't see ****. I can't imagine how someone driving directly in front of him could have seen anything. For that reason alone, I hate them. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So, you hate light bars because one was used by a douche?

By the same logic, you must hate food, (fat people), guns (criminals), alcohol, energy drinks, bro-dozers and the women who love them... the list goes on and on... ;)

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
28886863943_aa46bf3048_h.jpg
I use the amber/yellow ones in inclement weather. They are PIAA RF series lights and are designed to be SAE and DOT rated/legal as long as they are properly aimed (most states, that means the focus of the light drops 2.5 inches at a distance of 25 feet from the source of light). I have driven many mornings/evenings with them on when it was raining or snowing, passed a number of patrol vehicles and I only had 1 vehicle flash me (turns out, this guy flashes EVERY ONE for any reason).

The forward facing round lights on the roof are off-road only, whereas the rear facing one are classified as cargo lights and reverse lights. I have turned the rear facing ones on to assist with a couple of accidents that I came across in the dark and a couple of times I've used them to make a tailgater back off.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I lived in an area with constant inclement weather I'd have soooo many more lights lol

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi

By the same logic, you must hate food, (fat people), guns (criminals), alcohol, energy drinks, bro-dozers and the women who love them... the list goes on and on... ;)

you forgot the most relevant one.the lifted trucks with improperly adjusted hid's blinding everyone on the road,because you absolutely must have them for city driving.can't swing a dead cat without hitting one of these *********.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
If we get a tailgating spike in my area I'll make another mod
0c170852f41f5210fbef018e2950b05c.jpg

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I use mine ONLY for off-road at night. It's well too darn bright to have on when I am on the streets.

Being that I am a leveled 2500, the light sits higher and I have it a bit turned down. I did have this one guy cut in and almost hit a few cars and slide in right in front of me to make a left turn. Couldn't believe it. I honked and he tapped his brakes. Really. I turned on my light bar and I could see the dust down his A/C vents! HAHA!

With my LED heads and my LED pod fogs, I am actually thinking about removing the 30" LED bar. Heck, I may do it tomorrow.

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Hah! Never heard of the term bro-dozer before.

I hate lightbars bc the first (and only) impression ruined it for me. Looked like a freakin UFO driving down the road.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

92GreenYJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I put one on mine mostly for looks. That said I do tow with my Ram and there have been a few times I've gotten out to the desert after dark. Very helpful to have th extra light rolling into camp. It gets REAL dark in the desert. Also some of the lonely highways out there are dark when towing and there are lots of coyotes and such that like to scramble across the road.

Past that, I live at the top of a sizable hill and come home at night very often. The road is narrow and we have a blind hill on a curve that I've had way too many close calls on. As a matter of course now I kick the bar on for a moment or two on approach to alert anyone coming over the other side that I'm coming up.

And yeah, if some jackasss cuts me off I will light them up. Had some moron doing 10 miles an hour in a 45 a few weeks ago. Was blaring my horn and lighting him up repeatedly but he still didn't budge. Finally blew around him when the opportunity presented itself.

Still kind of want to throw a bar out back for the tailgaters.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Just saying...only the LIE or Sunrise can get a person that angry *****.:roflsquared:
Especially when you're not from the island...I despise the LIE! haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk