Where have you seen the best deal on wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
OK, there are hundreds of post on here about tires, but I have yet to see one talking about prices. I am in the market for tire, possibly even wheels too (if the price is right). I'm a mechanic by trade, a husband and a father of three. I want a great looking and functional truck but I don't want to break the bank doing it. I know some of you sonsabitches find those secret gems from Craigslist or Facebook marketplace, but most of us are not that lucky. So let's start a thread where if you find a great deal on some wheels and/or tires that all of us might like or be looking for, for a great price that is. I cant be the only one looking, so we are even interested in the Craigslist, and other pages post as long as they would ship nationwide.

Let's see em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Discount tire direct.com is the way to go. Free shipping, many options, specials with rebates in the firm of a Visa card when buying 4 tires. Best deals I've seen. I buy them, ship them and have tire wharehouse install them cheaper than I can buy from tire rack. Also some tire places will match or beat their prices of you prove to them what desk you're getting

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Discount tire direct.com is the way to go. Free shipping, many options, specials with rebates in the firm of a Visa card when buying 4 tires. Best deals I've seen. I buy them, ship them and have tire wharehouse install them cheaper than I can buy from tire rack. Also some tire places will match or beat their prices of you prove to them what desk you're getting

Here is an example apples to apples between the two sites listed.discounttiredirect.JPG

Online tires .com.jpg

same tires. 4 cooper AT3. Onlinetires.com with shipping $797.96
Discount Tire Direct $703.16 with opportunity for $40 off if you use their card. making it $663.16 they also have many sales where you don't need to use their card and you can get up to $75 visa card. I've used that promo on some tires from them.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also had this question as well. My uncle that works as a service manager for a luxury dealership said he always goes through tire rack since their prices are almost always better than what discount could offer.

Not to thread jack, but does anyone know if rimzoneonline.com is a reputable place to buy wheels from? Their prices seem to be the lowest, but there's something that seems a little off to be a good source to buy wheels from.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've also had this question as well. My uncle that works as a service manager for a luxury dealership said he always goes through tire rack since their prices are almost always better than what discount could offer.

Not to thread jack, but does anyone know if rimzoneonline.com is a reputable place to buy wheels from? Their prices seem to be the lowest, but there's something that seems a little off to be a good source to buy wheels from.
Tire rack always charges shipping, I have never been able to get a deal better than discount tire direct. It's not the same as discount tire stores..

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I actually just got my new set of tires on Amazon if you can believe that. It was the best price I could find anywhere, free shipping, and they showed up pretty fast too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked 3 stores for the new BFG KO2's
Onlinetires.com total shipped $1168.890
Tire Rack total shipped. 1104.60
Discount Tire total shipped 1097.16 plus $50 off if you use their C.C total 1047.16
Amazon with Prime Shipping..$1043.96 fantastic deal

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I was shopping everywhere recently and found best price from Parrish Tire Co. on eBay.

Kanati Trail Hogs LT2756520. They overnight shipped to my door for about $208 per tire. Took them to local shop for mount and balance at $75. Sold my old tires on Craigslist for $150 local pickup.

Net cost less than $800 for a very good tire that was priced elsewhere $275 per tire or more.

Tirerack looks great until they add shipping....Some of you may be fortunate to pick up tires from them. Then the prices make sense.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive to the bad side of town and talk to some guys standing on the corner and place a "special" order with them, but please be aware it is cash only.:naughty:

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I was shopping everywhere recently and found best price from Parrish Tire Co. on eBay.

Kanati Trail Hogs LT2756520. They overnight shipped to my door for about $208 per tire. Took them to local shop for mount and balance at $75. Sold my old tires on Craigslist for $150 local pickup.

Net cost less than $800 for a very good tire that was priced elsewhere $275 per tire or more.

Tirerack looks great until they add shipping....Some of you may be fortunate to pick up tires from them. Then the prices make sense.
How much tread did you have left on the old tires that someone was willing to buy them? I've got Duratracs I held onto with maybe 30% tread left that I was either going to swap back on after the winter or try to sell. Just figuring out if that's enough tread life for someone to want to buy.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tire rack always charges shipping, I have never been able to get a deal better than discount tire direct. It's not the same as discount tire stores..

I agree. Of course Tirerack also charges me tax since they're in-state. I've purchased several sets of tires/rims through DTD and not only were they the best price, but their customer service is outstanding. I've had them upgrade my tires free of charge on a couple different occasions simply because they were low on stock. Also, one of the rims I bought in my last order came in damaged. They shipped me a new one asap and it too had some minor damage. They told me to keep it for a spare, sent me another wheel, and gave me $50. :naughty:

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
How much tread did you have left on the old tires that someone was willing to buy them? I've got Duratracs I held onto with maybe 30% tread left that I was either going to swap back on after the winter or try to sell. Just figuring out if that's enough tread life for someone to want to buy.

I was at 30% tread life on my old mastercrafts. Listed them at $200 and negotiated from there. I had 5 people ask about them within a week...a little shocked honestly but I'll take it!

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I was at 30% tread life on my old mastercrafts. Listed them at $200 and negotiated from there. I had 5 people ask about them within a week...a little shocked honestly but I'll take it!
I'd be more than happy with that. My Falkens were so cheap on Amazon that it would cover the cost of one of the tires. Thanks!

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just went through all of this for new tires. I made a spreadsheet after wasting a few days looking and not being able to remember all the prices. I looked at 40 different tires on 16 different websites. Not one place was consistently the cheapest. Ebay had 9 of the cheapest, discounted wheel warehouse had 7.

Edit: 17 different sites. Discount tire direct only had 1 set that was the cheapest.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just went through all of this for new tires. I made a spreadsheet after wasting a few days looking and not being able to remember all the prices. I looked at 40 different tires on 16 different websites. Not one place was consistently the cheapest. Ebay had 9 of the cheapest, discounted wheel warehouse had 7.

Edit: 17 different sites. Discount tire direct only had 1 set that was the cheapest.
All of those prices include shipping? I'm shocked DTD was only cheapest on 1 set.

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All of those prices include shipping? I'm shocked DTD was only cheapest on 1 set.

14 of them had free shipping (as far as I could see), 3 you had to pay but I didn't include that in the price, since the cheapest deals they had, weren't tires I was considering anyway. I'm sure they are probably the cheapest on different sizes and stuff, it wasn't a knock on them at all, and there's always something to be said for great customer service. They just didn't happen to be the cheapest at the tires I was looking at.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been looking for a while at 35" and some 276 65 20's
And Simple Tire had great deals as well as amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk