Where to hide Emergency Lights (2013 Sport)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Not sure where to put this but thought I would start here. I'm sure there are others that need emergency lights on their trucks too. So as the title says, I'm looking to see what type and where you hid your emergency lights.

I took my grill part way off yesterday to see how some blue LED lights would look, and you can see them just not as good as I would like. So I'm looking for ideas and I'm trying not to put holes in any parts that are expensive or can be seen easily. That way when I eventually sell the truck I can strip all my lights as if they were never there.

The only real spot that I have come up with so far is the lower black air dam where the tow hooks should be. Maybe some blue LED strobes in the headlights not sure I want that big of a hole in the lights yet.

Oh, and yes I can legally run blue lights on my truck, I'm a volunteer Firefighter in the State of Indiana. We can run blue in any direction, white to the front and sides, and red to the rear.

jbaker72157

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you already have the lights, if so what kind do you have? I will try to get some pics tomorrow, my sheriff and chief deputy both drive 2013 Ram quad cabs decked out with hidden lights.

Exdeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Cummins
It really depends on what kind of lights, how big, etc.

I know for mine I just utilize dash lights on the windshield and rear window. Works fine for me.

I've seen others get the back racks and mount light bars across those which are extremely visible.

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know you don't want to do it, but hide-a-way LED or strobes in the front/rear lights. Get creative with mounting other lights. The rack idea is a good one and you could probably transfer it to a new truck without much issue. If you're gonna load up the grill look for some LIN6's and combine the blue with white to get attention.

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Whelen avenger and tomar 200s are two really bright lights you could do on the inside. It's not as clean but you can take them up or down if you wanted easy. I have both of those in my front windshield and they'll move some cars. I'm a fan of wig wags too. Those are good attention grabbers and you don't have to drill holes in your lights. There's a couple of openings in the grill crossmember you can mount some LEDs behind the grill. The tail wig wags are good too or you could throw some LEDs in them. If you get the thin LEDs you could put some under the tailgate. Good luck. The hardest part is not going crazy and spending a fortune on them.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I know I have a 3rd Gen, but right now I have Rontan Quasars (being upgraded to Feniex Cannon as soon as my dealer ships them) The are located in the front Corners, tails, reverse and cargo lights. I also have a Feniex Cobra 200 in the front windshield and a Whelen Dual Talon in the back windshield.

OP
OP
LOFSFIRE

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you already have the lights, if so what kind do you have? I will try to get some pics tomorrow, my sheriff and chief deputy both drive 2013 Ram quad cabs decked out with hidden lights.

No lights yet, just my old Federal Signal Highlighter high speed rotator, but I do not plan on using it. It just does not look right on this truck.

Not mine but look around youtube too: dodge ram emergency blue lights - YouTube
That is the look I was thinking, and I have seen this video, but with the grill on the '13 Sports I would have to mount them on the outside not behind the grill.

Thanks for the replies, looks like I have covered most of my options, I might just have to do some drilling. If anyone has other ideas let me know.

I did check out the Rontan lights, I had never heard of these before but they make some cool bars. Winglux Lightbar is really nice with and big price tag too.

If I went with another light bar I would like to trying to find something that is very low profile I did see clearance lights that switch to blue just not sure if I want all thoes holes. If I could find the Chevy version with the small bar and it would fit to the roof contour I might have something.

Still thinking...

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Do not go with the Recon Responder series. Not bright enough during the day to be seen. Check out elightbars.org. The guys there are a great group, and Dealers tend to hang out there too. You can also get some good deals on second Hand Equipment.

OP
OP
LOFSFIRE

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do not go with the Recon Responder series. Not bright enough during the day to be seen. Check out elightbars.org. The guys there are a great group, and Dealers tend to hang out there too. You can also get some good deals on second Hand Equipment.

Will do! Thanks!

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
No problem. I am firefighter112 on there. I also got all of my equipment from either a dealer on the board or second hand from there.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are in the market for lights I would suggest this one UVT T3 Interior LED Light bar UVT TIR3 Interior LED Lightbar [LED6008] - $229.00 : Emergency LED Lights for Vehicles. My brother has it in his GMC and it is freakin bright. He runs both blue and red in his. It fits by loosing your sunvisors a little and placing the bracket between the roof and the sunvisor bracket. He also bought some of these http://www.cpsauthority.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=45_48 and put them on the brackets that connect the running boards to the frame of the truck. So there are always options.

I also have a friend that bought about 6 of these lights http://www.cpsauthority.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=102 and cable tied them to the outside of his grille. They are water proof and there is no need for brackets.

Last edited:

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd look at the Linear LEDs. I think they are more visible than the TIR LEDs.

OP
OP
LOFSFIRE

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey by the way thanks for the replys, I have been busy and next few weeks are not any better, but I did find a visor light bar set up. Need to work on some rear and side warning but need time. Will keep you updated.

Fire Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
IMO for hide a ways the only way to go is the feniex cannons they are insanely bright and you have three power modes so you can replace a factory bulb with them cps authority has decent products