Why oh WHY!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Does the 2500 have power fold tow mirrors but the 1500 does not!!!

Couyon

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They want you to buy the bigger, more $$ truck.

Nitro did it with bassboats.....(these numbers are from 2008 when I got mine)

I have a Z7, and it is rated for 200 hp & 18'9" long, and loaded with the 200, it'd run you 28k. It is capable of 75 mph plus.

Their flagship Z9 is rated for a 300 & is 20'9", and loaded with that motor, it will run you 55k. It will do at best 70 mph

When more people were buying the Z7 w/200 hp than their flagship boats (Z8 & Z9), they derated the Z7 hull to 150 hp, so more people would buy the Z8 & Z9 boats.

Per the Coast Guards formula, the hull is still capable of 200 hp, but if the manufacturer puts a lower number on it, that's what you're stuck with.

Enough people complained, and 2 yrs later, they jumped it up to 175, but never back up to 200.

I want a 392 scat pack shaker challenger, but I want the sepia (ball glove leather) interior, but it can only be had with the SRT 392 or Hellcat....no lower trims can get it.

It's all a money game.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed, just a game. Unfortunately, Fiat/Chrysler is worse at it than others. Look at the whole debacle with the 8.4 Connect radios and how they keep limiting updates to the current years. Sucks when you buy something they do this to.

My '13 Ram didn't come with heated seats and steering wheel. It was an option. 2 months after I bought my truck they were a standard feature in the same model year. Annoying crap like this keeps me from buying new anymore. By used, get the features you like, save money, and keep going.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Laugh if you will, but here's what I did to combat that same issue with my 2014 1500. I actually laugh when I look at it, but hey, it works and it was cheap. Certainly not a push of the button solution....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDKqW0XBQw8

Clever... Unless it is poring down rain and I have to get into my garage. And man it will pour something terrible here.

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clever... Unless it is poring down rain and I have to get into my garage. And man it will pour something terrible here.

Oh I know it is what it is. But not trading the truck for mirrors, nor am I taking the chance and spending the coin to upgrade to power mirrors :)

With a bit of practice it will take under 5 seconds plus the time to roll down and back up the window to reach/grab/pull. I won't get wet.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait what, my 1500 bighorn has power fold?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laugh if you will, but here's what I did to combat that same issue with my 2014 1500. I actually laugh when I look at it, but hey, it works and it was cheap. Certainly not a push of the button solution....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDKqW0XBQw8

Bahahahahaha... You sir, are a special kind of creature. Applause to you for that being sufficient...