Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8ing4snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to get my windows tinted. Could just do 50% the legal limit in MN. But thinking about going to 40%. Don't really want to worry about a tint ticket. Is 10% Darker really noticeable. Any fellow people in MN get pulled over for 40% Tint?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don't think they are going to pull you over just for that. I have limo on all my doors and I've driven past cops, sat next to them at lights. I know here in Arizona, the darker the better for keeping the truck cool etc... but I think as long as your not driving like a teenager.. you're good. I do like the darker look.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Depends on your state and the police officers, been pulled over 3 times in 3 different trucks just so they could check the tint on my windows.

Mine are legal 35% here in Kansas.

Mnshooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to get my windows tinted. Could just do 50% the legal limit in MN. But thinking about going to 40%. Don't really want to worry about a tint ticket. Is 10% Darker really noticeable. Any fellow people in MN get pulled over for 40% Tint?

If you put 50% on the window it will test around 40-42% due to the factory tint. That is what I have on my car and I like it. If you go any darker than that you may get stopped since having rear darker tint and dark interior; makes the front look darker.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think they are going to pull you over just for that. I have limo on all my doors and I've driven past cops, sat next to them at lights. I know here in Arizona, the darker the better for keeping the truck cool etc... but I think as long as your not driving like a teenager.. you're good. I do like the darker look.

Ditto....limo FTW.

Nvr received ticket for tint in az.

Received multiple tickets/warnings in Cali.

Same tint level...both states.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ditto....limo FTW.

Nvr received ticket for tint in az.

Received multiple tickets/warnings in Cali.

Same tint level...both states.

Yup. Go dark or go home lol and if ya wanna be super cool and private. Do that windshield and a upper brow also. I love mine Ohio has that stupid tint law also but hey. I've never been hassled and if I ever do? Just throw the money at them like they want you too. It ain't free to be cool now a days lolb6927a19f02154b07a3779b7863aab0c.jpg

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just had a law passed in NY that tints on the front windows will now yield a failed inspection which sucks but I still keep limo in my front. Havent gotten pulled over for it yet, definitely makes a world of a difference.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just had a law passed in NY that tints on the front windows will now yield a failed inspection which sucks but I still keep limo in my front. Havent gotten pulled over for it yet, definitely makes a world of a difference.

Yeah, totally sucks. I had my 2014 Sport tinted (see below) and would had taken it off for my inspection, but traded it in for 2016 Rebel....which I will not get tinted....NY 1, Me 0

Attachments

• 79479d1478489735t-plastic_dip_strikes_back-20160813_124117.jpg
    79479d1478489735t-plastic_dip_strikes_back-20160813_124117.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got stopped in my Cherokee (here in Ohio) and they checked my tint and issued a warning. I think the stop wouldn't have happened if I had a front plate thought. Big aftermarket front bumper+lifted+bored cop. She then caught the tint and gave me crap for it.

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm also in MN.... I've had 3 tint tickets but mine are 35%
I wouldn't think 40% would cause an issue but never know with some of the Troopers. I've had 50% in the past and to be honest, it's not worth paying for.

BUGGS99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i have 15% on my fronts and I live in Minneapolis.....its been about a year and were good. What helps me though I think is everything is blacked out so its not as contrasting as lets say a silver truck.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have 15% on my fronts and I live in Minneapolis.....its been about a year and were good. What helps me though I think is everything is blacked out so its not as contrasting as lets say a silver truck.

Like this?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 52

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Up here in Michigan where we don't get much sun... cops seem to love pulling people over and writing tickets for tint. Couldn't tell you what percent tint they have but I'm sure it's not Limo. I have several friends who have receive one or more tickets. On the other hand my brother has had tint on every vehicle as far back as I can remember and he's never received a ticket and don't recall a time even being pulled over for it. He tends to drive like an old lady and has a clean record so I'm guessing if you get a tint ticket the cop may have let you off on something else... in some cases.

I was riding with a buddy with a very mild tint and we were pulled over after dark, around 10pm. The cop had someone pulled over as we drove by and he immediately shut his lights off and whipped a U turn and came after my buddy and had his lights flashing before he'd had a chance to see his tint. Not to mention it was dark and we'd seen the lights flashing from a good distance so my buddy slowed down before we got to the cop. My buddy asked why he pulled him over and he said for his tint... that was a bs excuse and we both knew he was stopping to check for alcohol.

I saw a write up in the paper about a year later for that cop getting some an award for outstanding service and no doubt a high number of DUI arrests.

Last edited:

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Around here I feel like they'll pull you over for tints if you're in a crappy car or if you're driving like an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk