Window vent visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arsenault408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to buy window vent visors the other day and guy at the truck accessories place said he recommended the ones that sticks on to your as newer vehicles have sensors in the window Channel and if it senses something it'll send the window back down and he thought my 10 dodge ram had sensors I still like the fact the in channels ones sit in the window what would you guys do ?

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I've heard of the in channel ones causing problem on the newer trucks. Not all of them but some

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have EGR in channels on my truck. At first they have issues but after they're set in with the windows up the issue goes away. I use the one touch up/down without issue.

I highly recommend the EGRs. Best vent visors I've ever had.

Last edited:

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the in channel one are also known to cause window scratches

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've use in channel on my 2014 for 2 years now. I did have to file the inner edge at one spot on all four visors to create a ramp of sorts for the window to slide on. I just filed down a very small amount where the window first comes into contact with it.

I've had no problem since. The outside mount ones are very unpleasant to look at in comparison...get the in channel (from Amazon).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went to buy window vent visors the other day and guy at the truck accessories place said he recommended the ones that sticks on to your as newer vehicles have sensors in the window Channel and if it senses something it'll send the window back down and he thought my 10 dodge ram had sensors I still like the fact the in channels ones sit in the window what would you guys do ?
I have smoked AVS In-Channel visors on my 2013 Ram 1500 Reg Cab and I haven't had a single issue with them. They have been on for about 25 days now.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have the avs in channel ones. You just have to make sure they are seated properly or the window will hit it and the sensor will lower the window.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In channel AVS here, as previous noted the install and temp when installing is very important. No problem with them so far.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a set of stampede vent visors that attach with 3m tape. No complaints, no movement after 8 months. Did finally learn that the front of the vent visors goes behind and not over part of the mirror. Looks a lot better this way and no issues with lifting up.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
When I first installed my Inchannel visors I had the issue when I used the Auto up. once the window touched the visor it went back down, but after a week leaving it closed I never had the same issue again with the Auto up

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the avs in channels on my express and no problems with the auto up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marioman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the AVS in channel stick against the rubber?

rstang98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have AVS in channel and once they sit for a while with the windows rolled up there’s no problem