Windows iced shut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atrimpe1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 5.7
Alright guys today my window was iced shut and didn't know but I got gas and shut my door and it feel down but it feel into the track I'm assuming and it rolls up and down and stays up just the auto doesn't work to roll the window up will it be fine or should I goto a dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You probably need to retrain the "auto" function on your windows....

OP
OP
A

atrimpe1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 5.7
Ok the auto doesn't work and also the window sticks up out of the door bout 2 or 3"

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Then the glass has slipped out of the track.

You could try holding the glass vertical in the door, hold onto the glass, push the down button, then bring it back up. It might slip back into the track.

But be careful. If you drop it you will either break the glass or it will slip down into the door.

My suggestion is to get it to a dealer.

DRAFT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CREW
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This seems to be a problem with 2016s. I read about this problem on another forum. Freezing temps causing window to dislodge from track.

rustyjonez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was just at the dealer yesterday when my window broke because it was froze. They kept it overnight. Today they called me and said that the factory did not install some clips for the window.

OP
OP
A

atrimpe1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemingway 5.7
I was just at the dealer yesterday when my window broke because it was froze. They kept it overnight. Today they called me and said that the factory did not install some clips for the window.

Why would they not put clips??

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Why would they not put clips??

The assembly line is always moving, sometimes they forget things or they don't have time for whatever reason. They don't like it when you hit the stop button for an issue on the line so if quality control doesn't catch it you don't get clips.