Yeah soooo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
WTF! Let us know how you get treated by the dealership

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't see it very well. Did it recently appear?

OP
OP
rbrumm

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the first I noticed it...not even 12000 miles and I haven't had it a year yet. I have stopped doing business with the dealer that sold it to me. Long story there, and hoping the dealer I have talked to will treat me right....better be warranty! And the factory step tubes are flaking and corroding. :favorites68:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
depressing isn't it? I'd guess something wasn't cleaned when it was originally painted, judging by what I think to be the location, there isn't really a 'back side' to get to there.

*shakes head* they really can't catch em all, but man it sucks finding it on your truck!

OP
OP
rbrumm

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
depressing isn't it? I'd guess something wasn't cleaned when it was originally painted, judging by what I think to be the location, there isn't really a 'back side' to get to there.

*shakes head* they really can't catch em all, but man it sucks finding it on your truck!

Drivers rocker panel...no back side. I am the county engineer and know that salt is not good but it's all we've got. I do not believe this is a salt issue at all.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
still....hate to see that, warranty should cover it, even tho its not cool :(

OP
OP
rbrumm

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Starting to wonder if it is a paint flaw. Bubbles not cracked and seem pretty hard...I'll wait it out..see if they get bigger. If it is moisture/ rust, shouldn't take long.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Could be a piece of dirt with clear and you may have missed seeing it. If its hard leave it.. As I understand it Rust warranty is for perforation, however a paint defect should be covered. In the picture it does look like a bubble which can be verified using a sewing needle, however take it to them first.

My new Jeep had a crease across the drivers seat after only 3 Months and they took a photo and sent it off to Chrysler, a week later they phoned me and said they would put in a new entire bottum seat cushion assembly under warranty so maybe thats how it works for all unsure issues brought up by the customer (Dodge Chrysler should decide the fate and not the Dealer). Hope you get it fixed up!