Yes... Another Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still in a dilemma on deciding which wheels to finally pull the trigger on and need help! I have settled on 17" wheels because I like the beefier sidewall, and the prices on whichever wheel set I go with wrapped in the BFG KO2 LT315/70 tires will save me a good amount of money in contrast to the more expensive options that 20" wheels come with as I finish up my finance degree over the next year and head into real adulthood very soon.

Now with that out of the way, I originally did not like how limited the offset options were with 17" wheels (-12mm being the biggest offset I found in the wheels I preferred) compared to bigger offset options (-19 and -24) offered in the 20x10s and even the 18x10s. I narrowed my build list down to the Fuel Lethals and Method Standards in 17x9 both with -12mm offset. But as I kept on shopping, I found that Moto Metal offers the 962 wheel in 17x10 and -24mm offset. Now I do like how the 962s look in 20x10 and even 20x12 since it has such a deep wheel lip, but I'm concerned that with the 17s, the wheel will look puny and have a much smaller lip because of the smaller diameter.

The biggest deciding factor for my wheel purchase is having just the right stance. I'm stuck and can't decide if I: 1)should go with the the Fuel or Methods even though I'm compromising my preferred offset size for wheels that I know will look good aesthetically, or 2)pull the trigger on the 962s which will give me the offset I want even even though I'm unsure if the wheel itself will look good in a smaller size.

So what would y'all do if you were or have been in my situation? Am I making this decision way too complicated than it should be? I'd appreciate any advice that y'all have for me! (I've added pics for those who may not know what the wheels look like.)

Thanks.

Attachments

• Fuel Lethal 20x9.jpg
    Fuel Lethal 20x9.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 35
  • mthdbl.large.jpg
    mthdbl.large.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 80
  • moto_metal_MO962_gloss-black.jpg
    moto_metal_MO962_gloss-black.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 48

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went from stock 20"s down to 18x10 -12 offset. These are Fuel Throttles. Wrapped in 305/70/R18 (35x12). I love the stance.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
. But as I kept on shopping, I found that Moto Metal offers the 962 wheel in 17x10 and -24mm offset.

Now I do like how the 962s look in 20x10 and even 20x12 since it has such a deep wheel lip, but I'm concerned that with the 17s, the wheel will look puny and have a much smaller lip because of the smaller diameter..

Didn't know that....learn somethin new everyday.

I do think it will look a little odd with such small diameter....but that's just me.

The methods are badass too.

Good luck