ZROADZ hood hinge light pod mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I just got these mounts for my birthday. I've been looking at them for a while. I'll admit they're kinda pricey, but there's not alot of options out there. Fairly heavy brackets, just about 3/16 thick, and they look well contructed.

Installations was pretty straight forward, just loosen the hood hinge bolts and install. I decided to splurge on some Rigid lights instead the cheap Amazon lights which haven't impressed me that much. I got the new D2 Pro pods in a flood pattern. Damn these things are bright. They're rated at 3100 lumens each. As bright or brighter than the 9" light bars in my bumper. I just wish the mounts were a little shorter.

I tried to take a picture of them lit up, but I just get streaks through the picture. I'll try to get some night photos...

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looks great brother! I’ve been eyeballing these too. Can’t wait for some night shots and a longer term review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a couple of night shots. I just pulled out of the garage, the trees are about 30-40ft in front of the truck. The first shot is with my dual 9" bars mounted in the tow hook slots. These are Amazon specials.

The second shot is with the new Rigid D2 Pro's. You can see they put out much more light even through they're only a third as big. Sometimes you get what you pay for...

DSCF0806.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

I'm thinking I may change the bumper lights for a set of Rigid SR-M lights.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Holy crap! That’s amazing

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow that's awesome, don't even need anything else

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good for you! I love it. You get what you pay for for sure. those lights will last you for years. Looks great.

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured out why the lights were sitting too high, I had the light brackets on backwards... remounted them with the curve facing towards the cab and now they sit much lower. Guess that's what I get for not reading the directions or looking at the pictures.

Thinblueline903

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a pict of the front of the truck with the lights off? Curious what the pods look like.. hoping it’s not a sore thumb sticking out kinda thing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nice setup. those lights are great! we have been getting some really good feedback on the pro pods from our customers