110 Power Outlet in dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I was in my father in law's 2012 Ram this weekend and saw that he had a 110 outlet in the dash. On my truck it is just a tiny cubby hole in the shape of the outlet.

So my question is, can this be added to a 2014 Ram Express QC(if so part numbers)? He has the full center console in his truck whereas I have the jump seat. Does anyone with a 2014 have this outlet? For reference it occupies the same space as the rotary shifter on the opposite side of the radio (passenger side).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
In for answers on this. I have the same setup. Hopefully the wiring is already there

TDevil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have it in my 2014 QC Big Horn with the center armrest. Use it all the time.
Sorry, can't help on the wiring though.

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I understand, You would need the following items.

OEM Power Inverter (Located under pass seat)
OEM Wire Harness
OEM Dash plug
Dealer to flash sales code to truck to make it work.

Getting the dealer to flash the sales code is the tricky part.. I have not heard of anyone get it done.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have it in my 2014 QC Big Horn with the center armrest. Use it all the time.
Sorry, can't help on the wiring though.

When you say armrest do you mean the one that folds up for additional seating or is yours the console with additional storage that runs right up to and joins with the dash bezel?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
In some respect the wiring is already there. There is a plug at least on mine behind where the outlet would be in the dash behind the bezel. I know that the seat harness plug doesnt have the wires for the inverter, but not sure where the plug in the dash runs to.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the inverter already in my sport seats and I have the outlet plug that came in my new bezel. I would love to add the inverter but I don't have the wiring under my seat. I have read posts were some trucks have the wiring. They say it plugs in under the drivers side kick panel but I am not sure. I am going to check and see if I have a plug back there. Like it was mentioned though I am not sure if you could add the sales code. I am kinda wanting to figure it out. I have heard they don't really work that well but they are kinda cool.

Last edited: