2010 Ram 2500 Seat upgrade, heat and A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtFrosty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So here it goes my first post. I found a really nice set of 2011 Laramie 3500 leather heated and A/C seat. So with my wife only being 5 foot flat I thought why not have the electric seats in my 2010 Ram 2500 SLT, so the wife can see over the hood. I have the 2 plugs under seat did the research and knew the power part would work. Now the truck I acquired the seats from is a wrecked, so can go back and get all the parts I need, the only sad part is the center console is broken. So I looked up to see about making the A/C and heat work. I have switches already but no harness. I am going back to get the harness on 1 Nov 2017. But I can not seem to find anything about it, but you need the cab harness. Has anyone done thing big of a swap? What all harness do I need?(I know the old truck has 3 plugs where the driver seat was located) Does anyone have pictures? I do not mind doing the work it is fun for me I enjoyed putting in the seats and yard I am getting the parts from has been helpful. Thanks guys and girls for any help.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here it goes my first post. I found a really nice set of 2011 Laramie 3500 leather heated and A/C seat. So with my wife only being 5 foot flat I thought why not have the electric seats in my 2010 Ram 2500 SLT, so the wife can see over the hood. I have the 2 plugs under seat did the research and knew the power part would work. Now the truck I acquired the seats from is a wrecked, so can go back and get all the parts I need, the only sad part is the center console is broken. So I looked up to see about making the A/C and heat work. I have switches already but no harness. I am going back to get the harness on 1 Nov 2017. But I can not seem to find anything about it, but you need the cab harness. Has anyone done thing big of a swap? What all harness do I need?(I know the old truck has 3 plugs where the driver seat was located) Does anyone have pictures? I do not mind doing the work it is fun for me I enjoyed putting in the seats and yard I am getting the parts from has been helpful. Thanks guys and girls for any help.
We have actually figured out how to add the heated ventilated seats and steering wherl to the 13 and up Rams that didn't originally come equipped with them. There is even a vendor on the Forum called in to mods that makes the harnesses to install the seats but we have not done much with the 2009 to 2012 Ram. I know if you look in the cooled seats section there was someone in Canada who got cooled seats working in his truck and I believe it was a 2012 but there's really not much information on making those work. It can most likely be figured out you just have to take the time get the schematics and figure out the wiring and then see if you can add the correct switches and possibly have to add the sales codes to make it work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SgtFrosty

SgtFrosty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah I seen it for the 2013 and up but that the hard part I want to try and do it in a 2010 2500 but at least my junk has the 2011 3500 and is letting me get the parts I need guess it been sitting there and glad someone came along to take parts off of it. I taking almost all the interior to include the broken center console as the truck had heater rear seats too. I will post my pics as I go thru this adventure.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I seen it for the 2013 and up but that the hard part I want to try and do it in a 2010 2500 but at least my junk has the 2011 3500 and is letting me get the parts I need guess it been sitting there and glad someone came along to take parts off of it. I taking almost all the interior to include the broken center console as the truck had heater rear seats too. I will post my pics as I go thru this adventure.
Good luck to you I will be following your progress. I was one of the first guys to get the seats up and running in an Express with the help of 00/RT. When I first started it seem like it might be impossible but slowly but surely we started figuring things out and it really wasn't that difficult to do once it was all said and done. I wish I knew more about the 2009 to 2012 Rams. I know they have a completely different operating system than that 2013 and up Rams so I really have no input that I can share with you. I think the first step I would recommend would be to get all the wiring figured out wire them up correctly install the switches and see what happens and go from there.

OP
OP
SgtFrosty

SgtFrosty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So Went to see about getting all the stuff I needed for the harness to make the seats work on the A/C and heat and rear seats too. Well it going to have to bee a full harness swap. Sad day the harness they had was already cut so it was useless to me. I went to talk to a mechanic friend and he reaffirmed what I thought and that I will need the whole dash harness. So I have the VIN for the truck I removed the seats from, I have all the switches for the seats the center console now I need the lararmie dash harness. Oh man what fun is this going to be.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So Went to see about getting all the stuff I needed for the harness to make the seats work on the A/C and heat and rear seats too. Well it going to have to bee a full harness swap. Sad day the harness they had was already cut so it was useless to me. I went to talk to a mechanic friend and he reaffirmed what I thought and that I will need the whole dash harness. So I have the VIN for the truck I removed the seats from, I have all the switches for the seats the center console now I need the lararmie dash harness. Oh man what fun is this going to be.
I'm not sure about the 2009 to 2012 trucks like I said before, but I can tell you that for a couple of years we were told we needed a full Dash harness as well to install our seats in the 13 and up trucks. I also talked two two longtime Dodge mechanics who told me the same thing that I needed the full harness and one even said it couldn't be done. Come to find out they were both incorrect. When I first did my conversion with the help of 00/RT we actually got a hold of the schematics and started figuring out what we actually needed and it was much less than I thought it would be. The biggest problem we ran into was we did not have the correct power wires coming into the cab for things to function. I ended up hooking mine up with relays to make it work but since then M2 Mods (a vendor on the forum) developed the harness for his truck that he now sells that actually comes from the power distribution center into the truck. The first thing I recommend doing is before you decide you need a complete dash harness get ahold of the schematics for a truck with a factory heated and vented seats plus heated wheel and study them. It would also help if you could find somebody who had a truck with options you wanted and compare the wiring between your truck in his truck and then compared to the schematics. The schematics make it a lot easier to try to trace the wires down in your truck and figure out what you actually have. It took me awhile to trace everything down but eventually I was able to figure out where everything I needed went and what I had and didn't have.