2012 to 2015 jump seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autos221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I needed 3 more cup holders because Murca. The pre 2012 to 2015 is a direct swap all you need is a ratcheting 13mm wrench with the swivel head(don't bother with regular wrenches or sockets unless you have little Manlet hands)
I got the seat off eBay for 140 brand new takeoff it still had plastic on the chrome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,135

Pigpen1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you want for your old one? I have a 2015 with the same console that you just installed. I miss the one that was in my 2011 model. Does the color match?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I needed 3 more cup holders because Murca. The pre 2012 to 2015 is a direct swap all you need is a ratcheting 13mm wrench with the swivel head(don't bother with regular wrenches or sockets unless you have little Manlet hands)
I got the seat off eBay for 140 brand new takeoff it still had plastic on the chrome
So, you were able to replace just the flip up portion (console/seat back)? Do you still have storage under that jump seat?

If so, I need to find the bottom portion and install one. I'm a sucker for hidden storage and I don't know why they removed that under seat compartment on the 2014s...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
So, you were able to replace just the flip up portion (console/seat back)? Do you still have storage under that jump seat?

If so, I need to find the bottom portion and install one. I'm a sucker for hidden storage and I don't know why they removed that under seat compartment on the 2014s...

Looks like he swapped the whole jump seat.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi

They did not remove the lower compartment for the 2013, 2014, 2015 or the 2016. It is still available just not all trucks get it. To get the lower compartment on the lower trims you have to get the CD player. I believe on the higher trims such as the Laramie if you order it with the 40/20/40 seating you still get the lower storage with or without the CD player. My truck did not come with the CD player so I did not have the lower compartment, I bought a new 2014 takeout from EBAY with the CD player so now I do. There currently is a 2014 on EBAY with the CD player for sale. Some guys do not want the CD player and it does take up about half the space, I know you can buy the tray for them to remove the CD player to get more storage room. You also could just buy the parts and convert your seat but that would likely be too costly to be practical.

Here is a brand new 2015 take out on EBAY, It is EBAY item# 301799142342 Buy it now 200.00 plus 60.00 shipping, he removed the media hub which would be a direct swap out from any donor seat. The only issue he does not address is the CD player in it or not and if it had the CD player is he including the jump seat harness as the harness for the jump seats with the CD player are different and have a pigtail for the player.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They did not remove the lower compartment for the 2014's. It is still available just not all trucks get it. To get the lower compartment on the lower trims you have to get the CD player. I believe on the higher trims such as the Laramie if you order it with the 40/20/40 seating you still get the lower storage with or without the CD player. My truck did not come with the CD player so I did not have the lower compartment, I bought a new 2014 takeout from EBAY with the CD player so now I do. There currently is a 2014 on EBAY with the CD player for sale. Some guys do not want the CD player and it does take up about half the space, I know you can buy the tray for them to remove the CD player to get more storage room. You also could just buy the parts and convert your seat but that would likely be too costly to be practical.
You have a link by chance?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I sent him an email about the CD player this one does not have one, it just has the lower compartment. You would have to use the harness and Media hub from yours , since he removed those. Also this one has the 1/2 vinyl 1/2 fabric upholstery. The one I bought was the same way only I had the CD, I changed the upholstery on mine, In hindsight I wish I had not, the vinyl is much easier to keep clean.

Gl

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I sent him an email about the CD player this one does not have one, it just has the lower compartment. You would have to use the harness and Media hub from yours , since he removed those. Also this one has the 1/2 vinyl 1/2 fabric upholstery. The one I bought was the same way only I had the CD, I changed the upholstery on mine, In hindsight I wish I had not, the vinyl is much easier to keep clean.

Gl
By Vinyl do you mean just the top?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Yes the top, But also parts of the seat most notably the surfaces that come in contact with the passenger. If I remember right the sides of the seats are fabric, but when you open it they are vinyl, look at the pictures he has and you will see what I mean.

mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
They did not remove the lower compartment for the 2013, 2014, 2015 or the 2016. It is still available just not all trucks get it. To get the lower compartment on the lower trims you have to get the CD player. I believe on the higher trims such as the Laramie if you order it with the 40/20/40 seating you still get the lower storage with or without the CD player. My truck did not come with the CD player so I did not have the lower compartment, I bought a new 2014 takeout from EBAY with the CD player so now I do. There currently is a 2014 on EBAY with the CD player for sale. Some guys do not want the CD player and it does take up about half the space, I know you can buy the tray for them to remove the CD player to get more storage room. You also could just buy the parts and convert your seat but that would likely be too costly to be practical.

Here is a brand new 2015 take out on EBAY, It is EBAY item# 301799142342 Buy it now 200.00 plus 60.00 shipping, he removed the media hub which would be a direct swap out from any donor seat. The only issue he does not address is the CD player in it or not and if it had the CD player is he including the jump seat harness as the harness for the jump seats with the CD player are different and have a pigtail for the player.
Where can you buy the tray I want to ditch the cd player and need the space it takes up?
thanks

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There are two part numbers for the tray. One for CD player and one without CD player. I think the non CD tray part number is 68206298AA but double check it. You can buy them from online parts websites, Tasca, moparparts etc or through your dealer. Tasca lists it for like 70.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk