2012 Factory Leather Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickaliRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to replace my cloth seats in my 2012 Ram 1500 with the Factory 2 tone black and beige leather seats. I know I can get them re-upholstered, but I would rather just by factory seats. Does anyone know where to find these?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
You could have done a upgrade when buying the truck to the Mopar Katz-skin seats .. I think thats how they are spelled ..

If thats not the option ... you can contact Katz-skin and request a set of leather covers that are just like the factory option.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Katz skin are very nice replacements

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the Katz skin seats and they are very nice they look factory. I got the sport looking ones with white stitching to match my truck

picture sharing

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
ohh .. pics please ?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Those look awesome man

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. Since the dealer installed them they are under my factory warranty also. I had the cheap 2 tone express seats and just wanted some TVs for my kids but had to get leather for the TVs so I got the sport ones with seat heaters in the front seats.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks really good - very nice upgrade...

MD_Bighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Since the dealer installed them they are under my factory warranty also. I had the cheap 2 tone express seats and just wanted some TVs for my kids but had to get leather for the TVs so I got the sport ones with seat heaters in the front seats.

I've been thinking of getting TV's in the head rests for my kids and wouldn't mind getting heated leather seats while I'm at it. If you don't mind how much did that set you back? Also, can you still listen to the radio while you kids are watching a movie?

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It was somewhere around 1800 for parts and labor. They gave me a good deal so I didn't argue much with them. But yea the TVs come with wireless headphones where you don't have to listen to the movie or if you do you can turn it to a certain radio station mine is 88.1 and hear the movie through the truck speakers. The TVs are worth every penny to me on road trips my wife had the Walmart ones you strap to the seats in her van and they didn't last very long at all.

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^That seems like a decent price for parts and labor. This was done at the dealership too right?

Bergerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yea and it only took half a day and I had my truck back. I also had the windows tinted at the same time so the seats and TVs were probably around 1650 ish. I love them though they are way better than what came with it.

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are several full interior take-outs on eBay, many with leather. Otherwise, you do the Katzkin Leather yourself. You can watch Stacey David do an install on his project Drag' N' Wagon.

Gearz Episodes: Drag' N' Wagon

look at the episodes on the right side of the page.

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
I would think salvage yards/recycling yards would be the best bet for factory seats. I haven't seen a aftermarket seatcover yet that didn't have wrinkles somewhere after being installed. That would be the crap outta me....
Even the seats they had recovered for the 300 V that overhaulin did at SEMA had wrinkles in them. Also the Dragon Wagan on Gearz used Katskins and they had wrinkles too. Even the factory seat covers do it, i had a 2011 Camora 2 SS that had to have the Driver seat cover replaced nder warranty, it had wrinkles after they replaced it, very irritating.

Hope you find a set.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are seat covers right? From what I've seen on there website they start around 2 grand... How much did y'all pay for yours?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I am looking to replace my cloth seats in my 2012 Ram 1500 with the Factory 2 tone black and beige leather seats. I know I can get them re-upholstered, but I would rather just by factory seats. Does anyone know where to find these?
Down in Alabama you can probably get away without adding seat heaters, but ambient temperature leather seats during the winter where I live can make your jewels rocket north painfully. :boxed:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could have done a upgrade when buying the truck to the Mopar Katz-skin seats .. I think thats how they are spelled ..

If thats not the option ... you can contact Katz-skin and request a set of leather covers that are just like the factory option.

Katskinz ARE the factory option. They do the leather for Dodge, Ford and others. that being said, it looks tricksy to replace the seat covers. Might be easier to find a set from a newer, wrecked truck.