2013 Door Panel LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Poking around the dealer today I hopped into a 2013 Laramie. I noticed that the door panels had these swanky little LED strips to light up the storage area on the bottom of the panel. Went to the parts counter to ask about them and they told me they don't sell those seperately that the entire door panel would have to be purchased. Anyone know about this? I actually just want the visor that covers the LED lights as I have individual LEDs i'd like to put in. I can't imagine that if the LED strip went out that Chrysler would have to replace the entire dor panel.

Tried to find a pic online but no such luck.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Poking around the dealer today I hopped into a 2013 Laramie. I noticed that the door panels had these swanky little LED strips to light up the storage area on the bottom of the panel. Went to the parts counter to ask about them and they told me they don't sell those seperately that the entire door panel would have to be purchased. Anyone know about this? I actually just want the visor that covers the LED lights as I have individual LEDs i'd like to put in. I can't imagine that if the LED strip went out that Chrysler would have to replace the entire dor panel.

Tried to find a pic online but no such luck.

I can take a couple of pics when i get home, i do think it is part of the door panel

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can take a couple of pics when i get home, i do think it is part of the door panel

If it is thats crazy. To think you would have to change out entire panel if there was an LED issue.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I bet they have to do the door panel because they probably have special dies in the mold to put holes in the right places to install the LEDs. I would think you would just have to drill the holes on your own.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet they have to do the door panel because they probably have special dies in the mold to put holes in the right places to install the LEDs. I would think you would just have to drill the holes on your own.

They aren't individual LEDs they are in a strip under a "visor". I would imagine there is a die to cut the hole in the door panel to run the wiring and mount the visor. The visor or LED cover doesn't look like its molded into the panel. It looks like it is "bolted" on. My thinking is that if it is bolted on you should be able to buy the LED and Visor (or if it is one piece), drill holes in panel and mount it.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
And I suppose the 13s are new enough none of the normal online mopar parts suppliers have full listings up yet, so you can't look through their catalogs to see if an individual "part" exists...?

Pic18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the chrome looking Ram logo in the door handle of the Laramie's!