2014 Ram Condensation Inside Front Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noticed today when I got off work there is a lot of condensation all the way across the bottom of my windshield and also on the top too. The top it's not as noticeable but I can run my finger across the top and water puddles on my finger. Is this too excessive or sound normal? Granted, the temperature went from 20 this morning to about 40 now. Here are a couple pics.

9F0F48D6-679E-4254-8B2E-85A022E8369F_zpsbdi6ypat.jpg

E8D22C42-C344-48F4-8892-70B2F8089515_zpsrntomxgi.jpg

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd say that's a lot. Do you run your A/C with the heat/defrost to dehumdify in the cold weather? Surprising how much humidity can build up from wet feet and such. I'm assuming you haven't had any leaks you know of.

OP
OP
Brody57

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I normally just run my defroster so far. I haven't noticed any leaks so far. This is the first time I've seen it happen.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can't find any wet spots anywhere around the floor or anything, Id try leaving the windows down if you get a nice day to dry the cab out and monitor it from there. I've never seen condensation like that in my truck. I do notice that my A/C comes on sometimes automatically when I put my heat/defrost on in the winter. Not sure if there is a moisture sensor somewhere that controls it.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Usually that means your heater core is toast. Moisture inside, I live in Calgary. We can go from +15C to -25C in less than 4 hours. I've never had this happen to my vehicles. Might be something you want to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd check the floor behind the seat. The 3rd brake lights are famous for leaking in these Rams.
The A/C compressor should run when the heater is in de-fog/defrost mode. This dries the air, helping it clear the windows faster and also keeps the seals from drying out over the winter by circulating the oil through the system.

Last edited:

coolidge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother looked at a couple of brand new 2500's on a dealer lot yesterday, both had serious condensation inside the cab. It rains a lot here.

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My 2014 was way worse than that yesterday. It was so bad my instrument cluster, 8.4 radio screen, inside rear view mirror, all 4 door windows, and the rear sliding window were cover like someone took a water hose to the inside of my truck. I have looked for leaks and found none. Even pulled the carpet up in the front and rear to check under it, no moisture found. Also I opened up my rear floor storage compartments under the rear seats and all my tools in there were slap covered in condensation.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm glad my truck hasn't had this problem. That would be unacceptable. What could be going on?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Agree with the others, I'd almost guarantee there is moisture inside the truck. It's not normal for condensation to build up on the inside. It's the reverse of a glass of ice water, the humidity in the warmer air outside the glass condenses on the cold glass. In your case, it is the humidity in the warmer air inside the truck which is condensing on the inside of the glass, that humidity is coming from somewhere, usually a water leak. Not so much the heater core when it's cold and has been sitting for a while, they usually fog up the windshield when the vehicle is hot and you turn on the defroster. As stated before, the 3rd brake light is notorious for leaking on these.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
3rd brake light... definitely need to check the 3rd brake light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
this happened to me with a brand new Tacoma I had.....took me about a week but one day the drivers floor had a huge puddle on it. somewhere under the wiper cowl the fire wall was leaking......I lucked out the dealer bought the truck back with just 153 miles on it.