2014 tradesman to 2015 Laramie seat upgrade Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
2014 tradesman to 2015 Laramie seat upgrade Issue with Dealer

Hey guys so I did a bunch of interior upgrades in my tradesman. I put in a center console, did the 8.4" radio, Heated steering wheel, Put the premium cluster in & installed Laramie Seats from a 2015. On my seats I got them from 2 different trucks but they match. Got the wiring from m2mods (Both mike's are great & walk you through it). On install I had a few issues. One being I got the wrong hvac controller. Chase my tail a bit on that but finally ordered the new one. Only problem was my 7speed fan wouldn't work but shut it off. Other than that my passenger seat I can't get my heated seat to stay on. Cooling works fine but the heat won't. I am not all that worried about that. There is the list of what I've done & the issues I had. Am super happy with the upgrades & worth every penny.

Now to my current issue. Took my truck in for an oil change at the dealer. Guy says there is a recall. Do you want us to take care of that while it is here? Sure that works. Didn't even ask what recall since it was just while you are here figured it was a simple deal. Left to go to work & came back later to pick it up. As soon as I start to drive it. My passenger restraint service light comes on? Went off after a minute. Then came back on again. Called the dealer to let him know. Make an appointment to take it back later that week. After having my truck for the day & calling to see if they could keep it overnight. I get a call the following day saying it is missing a wire & they are ordering a new wiring harness? I go pick up my truck as this is another week away thing. While waiting that week a light bulb goes on (in my head). I think oh crap I wonder if it is a difference between the 2014 seat & the 2015 seat I put in? So maybe the recall (I think was just a reprogram deal) for my 2014 tradesman seat. Should not have been added because I had a 2015 Laramie seat?

I got busy with work & didn't get my truck back in. Fast forward 8 weeks & I am back in for an oil change (yes I drive alot). I talk with the guy about the restraint light & the fact that I replaced my seats. Then he said oh so the light came on when you replaced your seat? I say no I had them in for 6 months with no problem. It wasn't until you guys did the factory recall that the light came on. The light doesn't come on all the time. Some times I don't see it for a week. Other times it is multiple times each day. The service guys says the seat module's are different & that is what is causing the problem. We will replace the module & all will work again. So I agree & leave it there yesterday for another overnight as it would take to long. They wanted it for 2 days. They call me right before closing yesterday but I miss the call. Then this morning he calls. Okay the wiring is completely different between the modules & what is in your seat. We can't do anything about the problem. So I just get to live with the damn light coming on. I certainly can't blame them for the issue. With me changing out the seat's & changing the wiring even. Not a damn thing I can do even with it under warranty.

So my post is to 1st let others know who have done the seat upgrade & swap. If you get a recall for the passenger restrain system. I would seriously consider not having that recall done.

2nd see if people smarter than me might have an idea how to fix it? Thanks

Last edited:

John 14 Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hey, I’m trying to put Laramie seats in my tradesman, could you tag m2mods so I can get what I need I can’t figure this out