2016 Ram 3500 headrest replacement with Cloth 40 / 20 / 40 Bench Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtjballeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a RAM 3500 this weekend and the headrest is just a little too far forward for me. Are there model options with the same cloth headrest that have the ratcheting adjustment or some adjustment mechanism I've seen in many vehicles?

Interior Color:Black / Diesel Gray Interior Colors
Interior:Cloth 40 / 20 / 40 Bench Seat

I'd rather not use the vice solution. I understand the back seat headrest might work too but I'd prefer the proper headrest if there is some option package that comes with this and matches my interior.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used the rear headrests on the fronts for a while. The wife ended up liking the originals better, so I put them back on. I haven't looked, but I don't think there is anything out there to really replace them. It's a safety feature that most vehicles are going toward.

OP
OP
V

vtjballeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the rear headrests on the fronts for a while. The wife ended up liking the originals better, so I put them back on. I haven't looked, but I don't think there is anything out there to really replace them. It's a safety feature that most vehicles are going toward.

Right, it was a legal mandate in 2009 iirc. Different manufacturers went with different solutions. Some went with cheap fixed head rests canted heavily forward. Others used and acuator which triggered and pushed forward in an accident. Others used a ratcheting adjustment to allow the headrest adjustable fore/aft tilt.

I was hoping for an SLT, Laramie, or some option package to have a ratcheting adjustment fore/aft for the headrest that I could simply purchase and install in my basic cloth tradesman.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there a cheap place to buy replacement headrests? For some reason the po took out the rear headrests and didn't put them back before trading. I looked up factory replacements and they were $$$.