Accidentally left window open.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sigh tonight I accidentally left the driver side rear window open through a thunderstorm. When I came out that window still works from the driver's controls but not from the switch on the door. I assume the switch is water logged. What do you guys think my plan of action should be?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would try try remove the switch, dry with air compressor then try the switch to see if it works. If not check AM-AUTOPARTS

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am not sure how easy it is to remove the switch but try using a Hair dryer on low to help dry it out! Keep the dryer moving so you do not over heat the plastic. That helped on my wet phone :O

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^This. The switch just prys up and out. If drying it out doesn't work then try allmoparparts.com for a new switch...

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
if truck is under warranty and does not work after drying it out let dealer worry about it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Pop the switch with a panel popper, 15 secs and it is extracted. Drop it inside a bowl of uncooked rice overnight.

But you have other issues. The lock actuator and the window motor can take occasional water, but not saturation. If it were me, I'd pull the door cover and carrier plate off, take compressed air to everything and then use dielectric grease on the wiring harness connections, pulling each plug out, blowing the air and reinserting.

I posted a detailed video here on pulling your door apart beyond the carrier plate. Again -- if it were me -- even if under warranty, I would pull that door apart and clean that badboy out.

Good luck!

OP
OP
L

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
^^This. The switch just prys up and out. If drying it out doesn't work then try allmoparparts.com for a new switch...
I'll try to pry it out.
Pop the switch with a panel popper, 15 secs and it is extracted. Drop it inside a bowl of uncooked rice overnight.

But you have other issues. The lock actuator and the window motor can take occasional water, but not saturation. If it were me, I'd pull the door cover and carrier plate off, take compressed air to everything and then use dielectric grease on the wiring harness connections, pulling each plug out, blowing the air and reinserting.

I posted a detailed video here on pulling your door apart beyond the carrier plate. Again -- if it were me -- even if under warranty, I would pull that door apart and clean that badboy out.

Good luck!
Actually the lock works fine. I'll look for your video though.